Review: Hema Navigator 6

My Shop Item Rating: My Rating 5/5

Have had the HN6 for just over a week now and have used it mainly in suburban areas. The holder that attaches it to the windscreen is very well made, very stable and vibration free. The 6" screen is great and easily read without searching for my reading glasses (which is important) while driving. There are two modes once the unit is fired up: Street Navigation for around town or 4X4 for outback/remote areas. Around town the speech guided routes with voice directions, school zone and speed limit warnings are very useful, as are the gentle voice warnings if you are exceeding the local speed limit. The (male) voice is clear and crisp, and as far as I have searched there are no other voice choices (would prefer a female voice). Haven't used the HN6 on the track but have had a look at the many outback/4x4 maps available and can't wait to get out there and use it. Some areas have the choice of five or six different maps to use. There is no vocal route guidance when in 4x4 mode (not really needed) - instead your position on the chosen map is marked by an arrow. I haven't made any tracks yet so haven't tried to get info off the GPS onto my PC. So far I am very happy with the HN6 especially since when I went to buy it online (after a few days research) the price was reduced by $100! My research lead me to believe most popular (and cheaper) brands of GPS perform equally well around town but are perhaps less than useful in the bush. The DVD of maps is great as well. I haven't even mentioned the Camps 7 and other camping resources that are loaded onto the HN6 - I haven't actually used these yet but will be I'm sure on our next trip in May.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links