Comment: EOTopo

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 06, 2014 at 17:53
ThreadID: 106576 Views:1727 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Will this work straight onto a Navman MY75T via micro SSD card without any trickery or issues?
Bear with me here as I'm a total luddite in this area.
Rosco
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: WBS - Friday, Mar 07, 2014 at 09:09

Friday, Mar 07, 2014 at 09:09
Don't know the Navman products however, if this navman is a straight out of the box product along the same lines as a Tom Tom or Garmin then No it won't. If you can run OziExplorer on it then yes it would.

WBS
AnswerID: 527806

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Adele - Friday, Mar 07, 2014 at 16:57

Friday, Mar 07, 2014 at 16:57
Hi Rosco,

As per WSB's reply above, the Navman can only utilise additional mapping that is purchased from Garmin Australia's website (EOTopo is not compatible). I hope this information helps, and if you require any further assistance, please just let me know.
Online Shop- Adele

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 527849

Reply By: The Explorer - Friday, Mar 07, 2014 at 17:24

Friday, Mar 07, 2014 at 17:24
Hi
As others have stated - in standard trim the Navman uses different format maps ...so no go. However if you unlock it (if possible) and install OziExplorerCE the EOTopo maps will work fine. The process of unlocking is actually very easy...once you get the correct procedure for your particular unit sussed out. I did a few several years ago (on Mio units) but haven't bothered in recent times so have forgotten the process.

Its all on the GPS Passion Forum

These days cheapest and easiest option is probably to go buy an android tablet and run Ozi on that, but if you have some spare time unlocking your current device maybe "fun" and result in suitable outcome.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 527852

Follow Up By: Member - Denis G (QLD) - Monday, Mar 10, 2014 at 11:05

Monday, Mar 10, 2014 at 11:05
So, will it follow that to run it on a VMS in-dash unit (T7023), you will need to go in through OziExplorer also ?

Denis
FollowupID: 810454

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Thursday, Mar 20, 2014 at 17:45

Thursday, Mar 20, 2014 at 17:45
Hello

Sorry for late reply - been out bush

I am not familiar with VMS units but there is a free "VMS map converter" that will convert ecw format maps (as supplied on EoTopo) to VMS format - Download here - VMS Map Converter - so one can assume that you would not need to use OziExplorer if you have a VMS unit.

There is sometimes an issue with some conversion programs (maybe not this one) if file sizes are too big, so I cant guarantee this will work in this instance...maybe Dave could try a conversion and see it works, then let us know for future reference.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 811356

Sponsored Links