rooftop tent universal canvas adelaide

Submitted: Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 00:01
ThreadID: 10667 Views:4587 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
anyone have a rooftop tent universal canvas products made in adelaide. the model i'm interrested in is the rooftop without any side tent. this model is rather large at 2100 x1500x280mm. this tent has a fully zippered pvc cover. it comes with a quality aluminum ladder and 12oz. canvaswth ykk zips. would be interested in any feedback on set up time or quality of the product. did a search and came up with nothing. this company has been in business since the late 60's. regards, robert
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Eskimo - Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 10:39

Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 10:39
Live in adleaide myself but dont know anything about their products but,
theyre obviously doing something right to still be around!Wow, am I cute! The extra long legs are built-in prevention against ducks disease. Great looks and a real goer. Doesnt waddle along like some.
AnswerID: 47426

Reply By: The Banjo - Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 23:11

Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 23:11
I know a bloke who had a camper tented there (Regency road was the location then - still is I think) .....very happy - they have a reputation for quality if it is still the same owner - European sounding name - can't remember it. They apparently work on the idea that the quality is excellent so don't expect budget pricing.I need red sand under me.
AnswerID: 47484

Reply By: George Foessel - Saturday, Feb 21, 2004 at 13:02

Saturday, Feb 21, 2004 at 13:02
If you are considering a roof top camper, have a good look at the Howling Moon. It packs to a small size, still allowing additonal space on the roof rack. I hired one in Brisbane for a Simpson Desert Trip and had the absolute best sleep, and set up and pull down times you can imagine.

I have since travelled to the Cape a few times in sweltering heat and heavy rain, and the unit has been brilliant. I have photos of the camper top set up, if you wan't one e-mailled across contact me at motorschool4x4@optusnet.com.au

You can even fir 2 of them on the roof, and they weigh around 50kg.

Top product, well and truely tried and tested.

Cheers
George FOESSEL
www.motorschool.com.au
AnswerID: 47511

Follow Up By: robert4615 - Saturday, Feb 21, 2004 at 19:13

Saturday, Feb 21, 2004 at 19:13
thanks for the info, but still hoping someone owns one or has seen this unit up close. regards, robert
FollowupID: 309555

Sponsored Links