Comment: EOTopo 200K

I am considering purchase of the EOTopo maps. I use Oziexplorer on my laptop and have the Hema HN6 in the vehicle. Can the EOTopo maps be used on the HN6 in the Hema version of Ozi? Hema are using the OZF2 format on the HN6.
Also, looking at the online version of the maps, I note the lack of track names. We are currently on the Bulga Plateau which is primarily roads and tracks which used to belong to or are now managed by State Forests. I could find no names for these tracks on your maps. Will the names for tracks like this be included in future updates? Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Friday, Mar 14, 2014 at 14:39

Friday, Mar 14, 2014 at 14:39
Lea & Rick,

These roads will get names in due course. We started with the NatMap 250K product and we have started the process. Since we launched we have added over 2000 track names and re-aligned all primary roads around the country. I will have a look at the area you are mentioning and will ensure it gets updated. We are working heavily in the Vic High Country at the moment.

As for the HN6 - if you have the latest versions of Ozi installed on it then no problems at all. There is a procedure to update the Ozi and once you are up to the latest version there will be no problems at all. Due to performance and output quality we opted for the OZF4 format which is OziExplorer latest. You are most welcome to download the free larger scale maps on the EOTopo page and have a play to ensure you can load the files.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 528317

Reply By: Lea and Rick (QLD) - Saturday, Mar 15, 2014 at 14:47

Saturday, Mar 15, 2014 at 14:47
Thanks for your advice and help David
Cheers
AnswerID: 528398