Off-Road Caravan

After much research since 2011 we decided on a short list of vans.
My husband & I visited the caravan show in Melbourne last week armed with our list.
What an eye opener that was.
On our first visit to the show we checked out half the vans on our list & got side tracked, looking at some vans we hadn't heard about.
On our second visit (which was also the last day of the show) we checked the rest of the vans on our list & revisited some of the sites from the day before.
A couple of the vans were removed from our list because of the pushy salesmen & dubious offers etc.
The van we decided on is a Bushtracker - it appears to tick all the boxes with the chassis etc. & is definitely superior with the fit-out. I can't imagine the drawers or cupboard doors coming loose on the Gibb River or Tanami Roads ( dove tailed, solid construction, good hinges etc.)
We can't wait to take delivery & head for the great Australian bush.
Smanion

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Peter G20 - Friday, Mar 14, 2014 at 20:14

Friday, Mar 14, 2014 at 20:14
Hi Sheryl
We are presently on a road trip around Oz in our camper trailer and we have noticed that the bushtracker brand van is very popular. All the owners I spoke to love them.
They do appear to be a quality product and when we tire of the camper trailer I do believe I'd be buying a Bushtracker too.
Well done
Cheers
Pete
AnswerID: 528347

Reply By: Gone Bush (WA) - Friday, Mar 14, 2014 at 20:14

Friday, Mar 14, 2014 at 20:14
Good choice Sheryl,

I'm biased tho, sift through my Blog here: GB in a BT
I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 528348

Reply By: MEMBER - Darian, SA - Friday, Mar 14, 2014 at 21:04

Friday, Mar 14, 2014 at 21:04
Well done Sheryl - there's no substitute for homework and research ... the end result should be many years of happy travel and camping with no regrets about your choice. Also, armed with lots of facts from your research, its always satisfying to put bulldusting salespeople in their place !
AnswerID: 528351

Reply By: Member - Andrew L (QLD) - Friday, Mar 14, 2014 at 21:05

Friday, Mar 14, 2014 at 21:05
Good choice, love my Bushtracker.

I have had tents, swags, camper trailers, Windsor pop top, Goldstream wind up camper, Tvan, and now Bushtracker.
AnswerID: 528352

Reply By: PeteS - Saturday, Mar 15, 2014 at 08:02

Saturday, Mar 15, 2014 at 08:02
Congratulations Sheryl. You have done well. After a lot of research and looking around you have sifted through and reached a conclusion. Your hearts will be with the final decision and that's what is important. Getting out there and using it is the next challenge.

Cheers,
PeteS
AnswerID: 528366

Reply By: Grumblebum and the Dragon - Saturday, Mar 15, 2014 at 09:22

Saturday, Mar 15, 2014 at 09:22
The value in the Bushtracker is in what you cannot see. We are approaching nine years full time OTR and love it.

John and Jean
AnswerID: 528373

Reply By: The Original JohnR (Vic) - Saturday, Mar 15, 2014 at 09:24

Saturday, Mar 15, 2014 at 09:24
Sheryl, the others above do say it, but you should be happy with your chosen path. We are. You will have a very professional and helpful group of people to coach you through any ordering process. Phil, Matt and Andrew were on the stand when we called there on Tuesday, but we talked with Matt. You are remembered too, next time you visit the factory.

Make an appointment to visit the factory, I would expect you will be impressed.
AnswerID: 528374

Reply By: Member - Sheryl M - Saturday, Mar 15, 2014 at 10:49

Saturday, Mar 15, 2014 at 10:49
Thank you for your post. We dealt with Andrew who was a pleasure. No pushiness just answered our questions and provided advice. He has a lot of patience as we have been dealing with him by phone since our return home to Tassie and he is still on the road with 2 more caravan shows.
Smanion

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 528382

Reply By: Sawtybt - Saturday, Mar 15, 2014 at 15:11

Saturday, Mar 15, 2014 at 15:11
Sheryl,
Congratulations on your purchase. We also love our Bushtracker.

Our Blog
AnswerID: 528401

Reply By: Motherhen - Saturday, Mar 15, 2014 at 18:45

Saturday, Mar 15, 2014 at 18:45
Congratulations on your selection Sheryl; you have chosen the top of the range. You can see some of our adventures on the dirt roads through my profile. We just go with confidence.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 528410

Sponsored Links