tie down points internal idea

Submitted: Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 16:57
ThreadID: 10673 Views:1741 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have been looking at diferant ways of securing objects in the back of my canopy , so the other day I visited our local security door supplier , he had heaps of off cuts in differant colours ,I had him frame a couple for me to go along the walls I now have heaps of tiedown points with only a few securing points to the conopy rack ,I am sure that others maybe able to use this Idea even in the back of wagons .The great thing is its aluminium so not much weight and as its off cuts the cost was good , I am now building a box to take the plastic stack a _Affordable_Storage_Drawers.aspx from the off cuts this will be light and provide other points to attach things to .Hope someone can use this idea .An other idea....maybe it could be used as a gargo barrier or to keep dogs ( kids ) in the back99 GU Patrol 4.2 TD
Peter York 4x4
Whiskey 4501
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Willem - Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 19:59

Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 19:59
Peter,

Once upon a time I made an internal roofrack inside a Suzuki Highroof 4x4 using the the seatbelt bolt on points to attach it. It worked well for soft stuff. I know this may not be the thing for a canopy but it is just an idea.

CheersWillem
Out on the Gibber
AnswerID: 47468

Reply By: Member - Bigbear - Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 22:42

Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 22:42
I made up my own cargo barrier from security mesh, light and cheap, about $40.
Worked a treat and kept everything where it was supposed to be.Bush Bappo's 4WD Club
Get out there & have a look
AnswerID: 47480

Reply By: Member - Bob - Saturday, Feb 21, 2004 at 10:03

Saturday, Feb 21, 2004 at 10:03
I am just in the proce of making internal shelving for the Disco out of aluminium security mesh. Its light and strong, and importantly, can be soldered using some special rods that I bought at the 4WD show. You need a butane or similar torch, a stainless steel brush and you can make anything.Bob
AnswerID: 47500

Follow Up By: Member - Peter (York) - Saturday, Feb 21, 2004 at 11:20

Saturday, Feb 21, 2004 at 11:20
Bob I have also made some tracks from the mesh for getting out of a bogging on soft sand all I had to do was add some cross ways supports to stop it cupping I used off cuts of the alum framming channel the tracks are 300mm wide and I have linked a couple of short sections together using chain links so it will contour up and out of the hole and will also fold up .Works a treat99 GU Patrol 4.2 TD
Peter York 4x4
Whiskey 4501
FollowupID: 309517

Sponsored Links