travelling time management

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 19, 2014 at 10:54
ThreadID: 106793 Views:1751 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Good morning to all you happy people out there travelling around,
I need a just a little piece of information about a route that I intend to travel in October. I am heading to Alice springs for the Alice springs Masters games and I am coming from Perth. The information that I require is can a caravan be towed from Wirrulla, Hiltara ,Mount Sam, Kingoonya, Glendambo. The van is not a dirt road van and doesn't even come close to a off roader it is just a normal road van, I am looking at this route for the scenery and as a short cut to save a little time. The information will be greatly received
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: peter s62 - Wednesday, Mar 19, 2014 at 13:03

Wednesday, Mar 19, 2014 at 13:03
Hi Broodie, my information is about 6 years old, but then the roads then were good quality gravel posing no difficulties for what you describe. Perhaps call Mt. Ive Station for a more up to date report. Regards PeterS.
AnswerID: 528668

Reply By: Motherhen - Wednesday, Mar 19, 2014 at 18:35

Wednesday, Mar 19, 2014 at 18:35
Hi Broodie

Although it is not always the case, Wirrulla to Glendambo was rather corrugated when we went that way in 2006; the breakage of a gas line in the compressor fridge rendered it terminal. Other than that is is a pleasant drive.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 528690

Follow Up By: Member - Broodie H3 - Wednesday, Mar 19, 2014 at 18:50

Wednesday, Mar 19, 2014 at 18:50
Hi Mother hen,
the information I have so far is it is a dirt road all the way through, and as I have taken the van down some dirt roads this one should not pose to many problems, just keep an eye on tyre pressures and drive to the conditions is that about right
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 811297

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Wednesday, Mar 19, 2014 at 18:59

Wednesday, Mar 19, 2014 at 18:59
You will be fine then Broodie.

Mh
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member