Route Files?

Which are the best route files to purchase? I use both OziExplorer and a Garmin.
What other people think of me is none of my business.
Do unto others what you would have them do unto you.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Tuesday, Mar 25, 2014 at 10:06

Tuesday, Mar 25, 2014 at 10:06
Hi

Route files are way points set in a particular order that provide a "route" to follow (on your GPS or gps mapping program) when you are out and about. The "best" one will depend on the route and if its somewhere you want to go.

Maybe I have interpreted your question wrong - probably need to provide additional info on what your intentions are.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 529055

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Tuesday, Mar 25, 2014 at 10:15

Tuesday, Mar 25, 2014 at 10:15
Ok - I now realise you are referring to the EO Trek Route Files downloads?

If by "best" you mean what format is best then suggest you download GPX format - this will work in OziExplorer and on Garmin GPS units (and a range of other programs and units). It is possible to export GPX from Oziexplorer so even if you downloaded the Ozi format files you could at a later date use them in a Garmin by exporting the data as GPX.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 811702

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Adele - Tuesday, Mar 25, 2014 at 12:44

Tuesday, Mar 25, 2014 at 12:44
Hi Idler Chris,

As per The Explorer's response, GPX format will be best for you as it is compatible with both the OziExplorer software and your Garmin GPS. If you require any further information or assistance at all, please just let me know.
Online Shop- Adele

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 529066

Sponsored Links