Sth Western Crnr NSW

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 26, 2014 at 17:04
ThreadID: 106916 Views:1394 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Wish to trip Mungo National Park, Wilcannia, White Cliffs, Innamincka, Packsaddle in August-September this year 2014. As new 4wd operators with all the necessary equipment, can anybody advise me whether that this time of year is good to go. I'm weary of flood waters coming down from the channel country and would change my holiday further west through the Flinders Ranges if this is more advisable. As we travel alone, I try to be independent hence all the right gear as advised by my local 4wd stockist who is our local 4wd club member/advisor even though I don't belong to the club .Any advise would be welcome, as we are in our early 60's - adventure to us is enjoyable Thanks Garry/Judy
location - Warragul -Victoria
life is too short, so out and about enjoy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mazdave - Wednesday, Mar 26, 2014 at 17:11

Wednesday, Mar 26, 2014 at 17:11
Generally, weather wise, August - September is fine. Warm days and cool to cold nights. Flood waters from Channel country would only impact on Innaminka, Wilcannia would be affected by the Darling, if flooded but they pretty much control the levels of the Darling these days even if in flood. Just keep an eye on the River levels on bom.gov.au. You never can tell, but its been pretty dry, so the chances of any major flooding this year are minimal.

AnswerID: 529179

Reply By: Member-Heather MG NSW - Thursday, Mar 27, 2014 at 05:57

Thursday, Mar 27, 2014 at 05:57
Hi Gary and Judy,

Suggest you check for road closures and weather conditions close to your intended travel in these areas, and carry plenty of spare water, food, and fuel in case you are held up anywhere due to rain, along with tools and equipment for basic repairs.
regards,

Heather
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. John Muir

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 529224

Sponsored Links