Drawers for the back tub of my Nissan Navara D40 Dual Cab

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 29, 2014 at 20:48
ThreadID: 106972 Views:5602 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Needing something that could hold all my gear together and safely house the fridge and battery to power it all in the back of my new Navara D40 Dual Cab led me to understand quickly that I didn't want to pay the money that the manufacturers were asking. An extensive search of the internet found me someone who had done it all before and kindly had some photos post for me to get a good idea of how it was to look and come together. Measurements and adjustments made and it started to come together looking like it could actually work well enough to be useful.

I ended up using more ply than originally thought but that was probably brought about by some not so well though out cuts. Trolling through Ebay and I found a fridge slide that would hold my 60 litre Engel and it all started to look good.

Fitting in the battery and charger plus all the wiring and power outlets was fun and really stretched the brain power. After it had all been put together I decided that it needed an isolator for the battery. I was reminded during this time I was an amateur playing in a field I knew very little about. Ended in 1 really fried wire 6 BS but luckily no fire.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: jacent - Sunday, Mar 30, 2014 at 09:20

Sunday, Mar 30, 2014 at 09:20
Looks great , amazing how fitting the carpet makes it all look like a pro job!
AnswerID: 529420

Follow Up By: Member - RUK - Sunday, Mar 30, 2014 at 19:19

Sunday, Mar 30, 2014 at 19:19
Yeah, it certainly changes the overall look of the finished job.

Cheers,

Russell
FollowupID: 812287

Sponsored Links