Batteries

Hi all.

I have a 4 year old battery in the wagon that is working great to the moment, but as we head out very soon, I was wondering if I was to have battery problems out there can I jump start using an AGM deep cycle, as I have a 110 Amp and a 150 Amp in the camper.

Thanks in advance.

Rob
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: bluefella - Sunday, Mar 30, 2014 at 11:11

Sunday, Mar 30, 2014 at 11:11
Hi Rob. I can't see any problem doing that, if it was me I would put a new battery in saves mucking around when you least expect it. I use Supper charge Gold and find them to be excellent. Just my opinion.
AnswerID: 529426

Reply By: HKB Electronics - Sunday, Mar 30, 2014 at 11:27

Sunday, Mar 30, 2014 at 11:27
You need to check the specs for the batteries to see if they can supply the CCA to start your car.

They may not like it but if you have no other option then you'll do it anyway.

If you take the car to an auto electrician he should be able to do a discharge test and give you an idea as to the batteries state of health.

Another rough test is, before the first start on a cold morning turn the headlights on for 10 minutes. then start the car, if it fires up ok the battery is most likely not on its last legs:)

Cheers
Leigh

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 529428

Reply By: The Bantam - Sunday, Mar 30, 2014 at 12:11

Sunday, Mar 30, 2014 at 12:11
If you have a 4 year old battery.....chances are it will not spec up on a diacharge tester......if you where just driving arround town and driving every day you may get another year or more out of it because it becomes an obvious problem.

Remember we are still in warm weather...when the cool weather comes ...that is when the battery shops do their most business.

Vote 2 for the supercharge gold.

cheers
AnswerID: 529429

Reply By: Dennis Ellery - Sunday, Mar 30, 2014 at 22:52

Sunday, Mar 30, 2014 at 22:52
Yes you can use an AGM deep cycle as a starter – you won’t damage it.
A 110 or 150 amp hour should bolt it in – but if they are old batteries they may have lost some of their capacity – do a trial jump start before you head out.
AnswerID: 529468

Sponsored Links