Camping 4hr from Brisbane - Not Beach

Campers

Would love to get some advice on a few places to go camping just out of Brisbane, we are looking to do a one night or possible two incorporating some of the mountain valleys etc, place for some soft off roaders to get to with a little bit of challenge to keep things interesting. We have a few kids in party as well, some of us have generators and fridges so don't need powered site etc.

Any advice on some great places that are scenic and provide some swimming etc would be great, thanks in advance

turbolux
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Bantam - Monday, Mar 31, 2014 at 00:02

Monday, Mar 31, 2014 at 00:02
hell its not like you are short of choice.

Somerset dam....caravan park...boating fishing
several other dams within the circle have camp sites.
Binaburra, has camp sites......ya wanted mountains....the road up the front is all bitumen but plenty twisty..depending on the vehicle, how game you are and the road condition at the time....duck creek road is an interesting drive......most of the time in a proper 4wd its a walk in the park and most soft roaders will get along it with care.....it does get beat up from time to time..for get it in the wet.

There is a whole pile of stuff along the border between beaudesert & killarny....inc queen mary falls

several 4wd parks..

depending on the vehicle..bribie, sunshine coast beaches.

cheers
AnswerID: 529470

Reply By: Member - John and Lynne - Monday, Mar 31, 2014 at 09:48

Monday, Mar 31, 2014 at 09:48
You really are spoilt for choice! Start with checking out some of the many reputable published guides like "Camping Guide to Queensland" by Boiling Billy Publications. This one is available from ExplorOz Shop or any camping shop. It will give you plenty of places to start with and give ideas of areas to explore further. Lynne
AnswerID: 529480

Reply By: D-Max Dave - Monday, Mar 31, 2014 at 11:32

Monday, Mar 31, 2014 at 11:32
Gordon Country, out Warwick way.
Its big and if you are self suficient you can get away from the bulk of the crowds, there is some 4wd'ing available and lots of camp sites on the creek.
If its wet the main track to the more isolated spots can be fun.
Cheers
Dave
AnswerID: 529489

Reply By: Fishing Barb - Monday, Mar 31, 2014 at 11:47

Monday, Mar 31, 2014 at 11:47
try Linville in the bris valley
AnswerID: 529490

Reply By: Mark T6 - Monday, Mar 31, 2014 at 18:07

Monday, Mar 31, 2014 at 18:07
We are spoilt for choice living in beautiful Brissie.

A little further out (you said four hours)....Nindigully....west of Goondiwindi....really outback camping, free camping beside the Pub and you MUST try one of the big burgers.....but be warned when I say big I do mean BIG.

Google Nindigully Pub to see what I mean.

I have done loads and loads of camping / caravanning much closer to home but just thought I'd suggest that, its the out limits time wise but way way different to anything closer.
AnswerID: 529510

Reply By: UnderDax - Monday, Mar 31, 2014 at 22:59

Monday, Mar 31, 2014 at 22:59
Girraween, Sundown (Southern end), Bald Rock and Boonoo Boonoo National Parks are all spectacular and quite accessible.
AnswerID: 529545

Sponsored Links