Weekend away

Submitted: Monday, Mar 31, 2014 at 07:42
ThreadID: 106992 Views:1647 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Gday
Well what a great weekend away. Six fellas in five vehicles met in Heyfield at 11.30 ish , after coffee and pie and a fuel top up, (diesel is 4c cheaper in Heyfield than Dandenong) and off we go. Air down in Kentucky rd and off to Huggets crossing and beyond. We camped for the evening about 28km up the valley. Nice spot , trickling creek noises in the background .
The atmosphere became very moist at about 3.30am and I spent the wrest of the night sitting in the drivers seat . Lightning and thunder was great to watch and listen to.
We left camp at 8.00 am to head back for breakfast at Heyfield.
One of the fellas enjoyed the water drain whoop te doos by lifting off the ground and leaving his jerry can in the middle of the road.
Very pleasant weekend. Thanks friends.
Murray
Muzbry
Great place to be Mt Blue Rag 27/12/2012

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Robin Miller - Monday, Mar 31, 2014 at 09:29

Monday, Mar 31, 2014 at 09:29
The Avon wilderness is a lovely place to go Muz and I always make sure to not leave directions so that the kids can find it. (they spent 1am to 5am going 500m elsewhere)

I very carefully watched and recorded some of those wheel articulation spots and your car performed the best , those twin live axle 100 series really work well in near standard form so long as as power isn't involved and tyre pressures are approprite , we will have to arrange a dessert challenge next to see if its up to scratch there as well.

The newish BT50 auto we had wasn't bad thanks to the new outback coilover suspension but even with that its wheel travel was limited, still the after market chip fitted didn't put the car into limp mode for a change.

On that uphill out of river where the Paj had issues we took a wrong line hitting a rock so hard with the diff that the car stopped and took 2cm off the whole top of the rock - actually I should have said this was deliberate just to make it easier for those following.

I thought the weather was good and that almighty bang from lightning srtike right over us didn't occur till 6am which was wake up time anyway.

I was a bit peved though that we demonstrated the effectiveness of the electric chain saw by cutting right through a 1/2 meter round dry log and no one bothered to carry it to the fire.

All in all a pleasant trip with no real issues and everyone had some fun.

Thanks - till next time.
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 529479

Reply By: George_M - Monday, Mar 31, 2014 at 16:52

Monday, Mar 31, 2014 at 16:52
A good trip, Muz - thanks to Wes for organising it.

Come any closer and I'll rip your throat out!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 529503

Reply By: Nutta - Monday, Mar 31, 2014 at 22:22

Monday, Mar 31, 2014 at 22:22
Looks like a great time! Nothing beats the bush, except the beach!
AnswerID: 529540

Reply By: Dust-Devil - Wednesday, Apr 02, 2014 at 18:48

Wednesday, Apr 02, 2014 at 18:48
It was a great trip Murray, and thank you for organising the 6.15am thunder storm wake up alarm.
AnswerID: 529689

Sponsored Links