Problem with TV video when LED lights turned on.

Submitted: Monday, Mar 31, 2014 at 21:20
ThreadID: 107008 Views:1470 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
About 18 months ago, I changed the existing caravan lights [internal and external] to LED. Ever since, if we are operating from the batteries only [i.e., 12V] and have the TV turned on and then switch on the dome ceiling lights, the video on the TV is lost although the audio is still there. Anyone experienced a similar problem? Any suggestion as to the reason/cause - and solutions? Regards. Lynton
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Eric Experience - Monday, Mar 31, 2014 at 21:33

Monday, Mar 31, 2014 at 21:33
Lynton.
What type of antenna are you using? Does the wire that feeds the power to the lights run in parallel with the antenna cable? try running the tv with another antenna connected to the plug on the back of the TV. Eric
AnswerID: 529533

Reply By: The Bantam - Monday, Mar 31, 2014 at 23:44

Monday, Mar 31, 2014 at 23:44
Your problem is the type and quality of the LED lights you have....people are reporting similar problems with light bars and other stuff.

Figure out which LED lights are causing the problem and change them.

There are regulations and stuff that should stop products that produce spurious radiation frm comming to market...but there is no system of inspection worth a cracker....so there is plenty crap being sold.

cheers
AnswerID: 529548

Reply By: Rangiephil - Tuesday, Apr 01, 2014 at 10:36

Tuesday, Apr 01, 2014 at 10:36
You had better tell the RMS about those crap quality LEDs as every LED traffic signal blots out my AM radio signal on the Central Coast,as do all the CFLs installed in Erina Fair.

So my take is that all LEDs emit RF signal.

I would be checking my coax to ensure that it is grounded at both ends, and ensure the masthead amplifier is as close to the antenna as possible. I would also ensure that there are no LED lights really close to the antenna Eg not straight below .

Maybe you could try to make a bit of a signal blocker by placing some RF blocking material under the antenna on the roof.
Regards Philip A
AnswerID: 529572

Sponsored Links