Donohue & Plenty Highway

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 02, 2014 at 22:37
ThreadID: 107053 Views:1558 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has travelled from Boulia to Alice via the Donohue & Plenty recently. Just checking what the road is like at the moment as I was planning on heading out this weekend. I have a Troopy & towing a Jayco Hawk (I always take it easy on dirt though).

Stef
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Thursday, Apr 03, 2014 at 09:38

Thursday, Apr 03, 2014 at 09:38
Might be some deep wheel tracks at Georgina crossing, since the recent flood?

Otherwise it'll be a suck it and see trip, just take your time. Sure to be plenty of flies about too.

Bob.

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 529738

Follow Up By: Stefandsal - Thursday, Apr 03, 2014 at 15:32

Thursday, Apr 03, 2014 at 15:32
Thanks Bob

Yeah I'll just give it a run. No real time limit & hey, what's the worst that could happen? I'll take it easy so we should be right.
FollowupID: 812533

Follow Up By: Member - Hugh D (WA) - Friday, Apr 04, 2014 at 15:19

Friday, Apr 04, 2014 at 15:19
Any chance of posting a track update after your trip as I will be heading this way soon and would apreciate the info.

Thanks.
Hugh Dorey

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 812608

Follow Up By: Aussi Traveller - Friday, Apr 04, 2014 at 17:59

Friday, Apr 04, 2014 at 17:59
Don't bother dropping in at Gemtree either, we did a couple of years ago for a few pies and a drink, you would have thought we asked the fat cow to rip her arms off the way she reacted, she didn't have any pies in the warmer, and let us no in no uncertain terms that she wasn't going to any trouble to heat any up, so we left empty handed and vowed never to go there again.

We stopped up the road and made some lunch then headed to Alice, so much for boosting the local economy it was January so not to many people about either, one would have thought they would appreciate the custom, customer service ain't what it used to be.

Phil
FollowupID: 812614

Sponsored Links