Genpower generators

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 03, 2014 at 11:33
ThreadID: 107063 Views:4858 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Just looking at one of these on e-bay, it's 4.4 kava and the model is g6200r1 price $639
Says made by producers of Honda, Yamaha etc is pure sine wave and weighs in at 28 kg
If any place to get peoples thoughts from this is it.
Looking at one for caravan and has to run air con now and then.

Cheers Pete
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ross M - Thursday, Apr 03, 2014 at 15:19

Thursday, Apr 03, 2014 at 15:19
It may be Honda powered but it won't be made by Honda. (most likely)
Most of that price are just a 240vac alternator jambed onto an engine of some sort. If run at the correct speed it might even give 50 cycles /sec too.
Heavy, noisey and not fuel efficient I suspect. Traditional tradies."on site genny?"

The Inverter models of Honda and Yamaha are far quieter and their price will be at least double the cost for around half the power output.

I think you aren't talking in the same realm of alternators/ generators with respect to the prices of this gear.
AnswerID: 529760

Reply By: Member - bill f (QLD) - Thursday, Apr 03, 2014 at 19:16

Thursday, Apr 03, 2014 at 19:16
Hi, Sounds like one of the usual crop for sale on eBay. Could be similar to the one I have had for the last 3 years. All the features of a Honda. Same weight, sound level & output as a Honda but with electric start. Happy enough with it though the sound seems louder even though the sound meter says differently.

The problem I have had with mine is with the fuel primer bulb. Easily replaced but have had slow delivery from supplier. At 3 years the battery has given up the ghost & battery world can't supply a replacement. Am about to try to get an original from the supplier.

My philosophy is that you can buy 3 for the cost of a Honda & I don't have need of something that will out live me. Bill
AnswerID: 529776

Reply By: Mark T6 - Friday, Apr 04, 2014 at 09:44

Friday, Apr 04, 2014 at 09:44
I have a Fuji 3.4KVA, another E-Bay special.....$489.00 delivered to my door in Brisbane

Claims 58Db's to Honda's 52.......side by side you can certainly tell there's a difference BUT not much

And it produces 50% more power (well at least it says it does) than a Honda and costs 1/4 of the price

When it's stuffed I'll buy another one, and have still saved half of the original Honda price.

Mind you at 26KG it's 4KG heavier!!
AnswerID: 529817

Reply By: Emerging I.T. - Friday, Apr 04, 2014 at 13:29

Friday, Apr 04, 2014 at 13:29
Off course there's always the questions who services these Chinese imports when something goes wrong? As long as your aware of that. Other than that and there warranty listed below, there's some value there if it keeps working?

Warranty:

AGR Machinery offers a 12 month warranty on all products used for private household use from the date of purchase. In line with most major machinery brands, the use of products for commercial purposes qualifies the purchaser to a 3 month warranty period.

Naturally the warranty cover does not extend to damage caused by normal wear and tear, accidents, misuse, lack of maintenance, neglect, natural disaster, or other external causes; to damage caused by operating the equipment in a manner outside that described in the instructions. The warranty is considered void if the item has been modified, altered or tampered with by a person (or persons) not authorised by AGR Machinery to provide service (not including standard periodic maintenance).

Consumable components (and accessories) such as carry bags, batteries, hoses, grinding discs, belts, cables, wheels, blades etc. are not covered by warranty. We do however stock many of these replacement parts for purchase.
AnswerID: 529827

Sponsored Links