Kimberly T3 Karavans

Submitted: Friday, Apr 04, 2014 at 17:48
ThreadID: 107087 Views:2896 Replies:3 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
We are considering buying one of the above, have had a pioneer onyx camper trailer for a long time, love it and use it often for 4-5 weeks at a time. Now we want to travel longer so are looking for more comfort, does anyone have a opinion on the T3 or similar off road advantage ?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Frank P (NSW) - Friday, Apr 04, 2014 at 18:44

Friday, Apr 04, 2014 at 18:44
We have its smaller brother, the Karavan, which we love. Our Karavan owners club accepts Kruiser owners and we have a few of those. Email me at frankp79 at hotmail dot com and I may be able to put you in touch with them if they are agreeable.

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 529844

Follow Up By: Lesley G - Saturday, Apr 05, 2014 at 12:06

Saturday, Apr 05, 2014 at 12:06
Thanks frank I'll do that.
FollowupID: 812644

Reply By: Gone Bush (WA) - Friday, Apr 04, 2014 at 20:25

Friday, Apr 04, 2014 at 20:25
Lesley, I looked at a Kruiser caravan at the Perth Caravan Show 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure if that is the one you refer too. Comparing it with our Bushtracker, I was surprised at the comparitively low payload, otherwise they look pretty good.

Unless you really want to get OFF road, I was also very, very impressed with the new Jayco Silverline range. They seemed to be very well thought out and excellent value for money. They make an "Outback" version.
I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 529847

Follow Up By: Lesley G - Saturday, Apr 05, 2014 at 12:10

Saturday, Apr 05, 2014 at 12:10
Hi there, the one at the show was the black caviar the T3 is the big brother but not a lot of difference once you add all the extras which that one had on it, yes we really want to get as off road as possible, going to try to have a look at a bush tracker today. Have heard the Jayco is not so good for off road, but can only go on what I've been told, so confusing is all this.
FollowupID: 812645

Reply By: LJME & LMG - Saturday, Apr 05, 2014 at 20:36

Saturday, Apr 05, 2014 at 20:36
Hi Lesley
There are many well built off road caravans - Bushtracker, Kimberley, Spinifex, Australian Off Road, Trackmaster to name a few. I don't know how many Cruisers/T3 Kimberley have sold, but I have only seen them at the show - not on the road. Perhaps they have an owners forum where you can source users information.
We had a Kimberley camper trailer for ten years and travelled extensively. We loved it and had good service but when we were ready to upgrade, we finally went with Australian Off Road. We prefered the size and layout and we definitely did not want a diesel cooktop. We are not very handy and like to keep things simple, so we wanted to avoid too many things that could go wrong in the bush. We have taken our AOR single axle van into places such as Cape Leveque, Purnululu, Vic high country etc. without any problem. It is the same width / wheel track as our vehicle and is pretty nimble in the bush.
cheers
lmg
AnswerID: 529899

Follow Up By: Member - Frank P (NSW) - Saturday, Apr 05, 2014 at 21:02

Saturday, Apr 05, 2014 at 21:02
It's funny you say you definitely don't want the diesel cooktop.

We have one in our Karavan and wouldn't be without it. We cook on a campfire when able, but more and more places that we like to go to are restricting campfires or firewood-gathering and there the cooktop adds flexibility. We use it for slow cooking or for when it's too windy or otherwise inclement to use the outside wok burner or BBQ/oven.

Never had a problem with it, we give it 10 out of 10.

Horses for courses, I guess.

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 812697

Follow Up By: Lesley G - Sunday, Apr 06, 2014 at 10:09

Sunday, Apr 06, 2014 at 10:09
Where would I see the AOR haven't heard of it, but I'm still a novice about it all.
And thanks Frank for the comment on the diesel Stove, I've been told there good by the salesperson but I was wondering about it.
FollowupID: 812738

Follow Up By: LJME & LMG - Sunday, Apr 06, 2014 at 15:00

Sunday, Apr 06, 2014 at 15:00
The diesel cooktops are fuel efficient, and I guess not having gas inside the camper makes it easier to seal against dust, as no vents would be required. I agree Frank, it also depends on what you are used to and how you are using it! I can see it would be good for slow cooking but for our type of cooking I found the one I tried rather unresponsive. If used and turned off, it would not turn on again until it had cooled right down, which might take half an hour - aaarrgh!!

Australian Off Road are in Caloundra Qld. www.australianoffroad.com.au
FollowupID: 812767

Sponsored Links