Pilliga Forest and Bibblewindi State Forest CLOSED to public

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 08, 2014 at 14:34
ThreadID: 107146 Views:2281 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Seems as though the Pilliga Forest and Bibblewindi State Forest is now CLOSED to public access to enable CSG development.

Pilliga Forest CLOSED to public

Anyone know anything further to this story?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: BunderDog - Tuesday, Apr 08, 2014 at 15:53

Tuesday, Apr 08, 2014 at 15:53
Upon further investigation it appears that the Forests are only closed until April 30th, 2014,

Closure notice

So much for accurate story by The Australian
AnswerID: 530116

Follow Up By: Member - Frank P (NSW) - Tuesday, Apr 08, 2014 at 18:46

Tuesday, Apr 08, 2014 at 18:46
I hate the Murcoch press but to be fair, the second paragraph of the Australian's story began

"Pilliga East State forest and Bibblewindi State Forest were declared closed yesterday"

which I think is the same as the closure notice.

Of course the headline was far more dramatic, in typical rabble-rousing Murdoch style.

FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 812989

Reply By: Peter T9 - Tuesday, Apr 08, 2014 at 16:28

Tuesday, Apr 08, 2014 at 16:28
It has officially been closed on the grounds of public safety. This follows on from its previous closure relating to apparent fire risk.

The real story is that the state government is providing protection to Santos from those nasty protestors including local farmers who have the hide to object to the development of CSG and who see it unreasonable that their water supplies and livelihoods be threatened.

It is the same story with Leard State Forest with Whitehaven coal the beneficiary of that protection.

The original closures were quite controversial because the Rural Fire Service was used as a political pawn at the objection of local volunteers.

I would expect the closures will be renewed upon expiration.

AnswerID: 530117

Sponsored Links