Conto Campground

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 12, 2014 at 15:34
ThreadID: 107224 Views:1342 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

As a follow up to Cozzie (WA) comments re Alexander Bridge camp ground the same thing applies to Conto camp ground which is South of Margaret River, we left there yesterday after a weeks R&R.

We have been going for about 6 yrs now and I have never seen it so full, the ranger says they are opening up new areas all the time, and they fill up as soon as they open them.

If you aren't already there, lots of luck trying to find a space at Easter, I believe nearby Point Road camp ground is also full already.

Regards

Barry H
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: rocco2010 - Saturday, Apr 12, 2014 at 17:40

Saturday, Apr 12, 2014 at 17:40
Gidday Barry

Perhaps you could add another phrase to your tag: "...so many people, so few campgrounds."

It is a kinda sad when you listen to the real old timers and they talk about camping on the leeuwin-naturaliste coast without a soul anywhere near.

I like your photo, Stokes inlet is a great spot.

Cheers

AnswerID: 530411

Reply By: Member - Cozzie (WA) - Saturday, Apr 12, 2014 at 17:45

Saturday, Apr 12, 2014 at 17:45
We called into Sues Bridge on the way home and it was the same story there as well, full of caravans.

Cozzie
AnswerID: 530412

Follow Up By: Member - Barry H (WA) - Saturday, Apr 12, 2014 at 17:50

Saturday, Apr 12, 2014 at 17:50
Cozzie,

Easter is the one time of the year we don't go camping, it is just so crowded at that time of year, I think it is worse than Xmas.

Regards

Barry H
FollowupID: 813315

Reply By: disco driver - Saturday, Apr 12, 2014 at 19:06

Saturday, Apr 12, 2014 at 19:06
Was in my local visitor centre this morning listening to visitors trying to get accommodation over Easter.
The staff were saying that there is NO on coast accommodation/camping sites/caravan sites available anywhere south of Perth through to Esperance.
If you get there this afternoon you might, just might get into Bremer Bay.
Apparently inland areas are not so packed out.

Most people coming here book for the next year as they leave this year.

Disco.
AnswerID: 530417

Sponsored Links