Dometic 3 eway fridge problem

I have a problem with my Dometic 3way Fridge Freezer 186lt
12vlt worked on fridge & freezer travelling from Brisbane to Barcaldine for 2 days, over night on 240vlt.
Problem 1. The Freezer is working on 240vlt, fridge failing
2.The Freezer works on Gas, fridge does not
3.Cannot test 12vlt, stationary at Barcaldine for the next couple of weeks
Contacted the Dometic in Melbourne, spoke with Scott explained the problem with the unit,he suggest that the probe was not the thermostat or fuse, stated that the element on the 240vlt & 12vlt was the problem,but there is no element for the gas, Gas is not working on fridge .Agent in Longreach know longer open. According to manuel there is a fuse for the unit, no location where it is. Has anyone had this problem. Open to all suggestions. Cheers BobK
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mark - Sunday, Apr 13, 2014 at 18:11

Sunday, Apr 13, 2014 at 18:11
We have a Dometic 3 way 90lt in the CT. Had the same issues when the freezer worked but the fridge didn't. Apparently the issue is usually a separation of the mix that these fridges run (ammonia, bromine and water). It seems this can happen when they are run on uneven ground. Ours came good by itself after sitting for a while, others say turn them upside etc but not exactly practical.
IMO, three ways are great when they run properly but can be temperamental buggers.
Some handy tips here;
http://www.nwrvsupply.com/manuals/dometic_man_ref_diagnostic.pdf
Cheers
Mark
AnswerID: 530487

Reply By: get outmore - Sunday, Apr 13, 2014 at 18:41

Sunday, Apr 13, 2014 at 18:41
OK the reason the freezers working and the fridge isnt is the freezer cools the fridgits working enough to freeze the freezer but not cool the fridge

unusual its not working on 240v

honestly ive used these things and when working at thier best thier marginal but there so tempremental
only thing I can suggest is fill the gas bottle and try again - if you can remove it (unlikely most instalations fully build them in) then clean the jet for gas and the flue

mine would lose efficiency when the gas bottle got below 1/2

consider buying an engal and using thos P.O.S as non perashable storage

sorry best advice ive got
AnswerID: 530489

Follow Up By: Maisie K - Monday, Apr 14, 2014 at 08:58

Monday, Apr 14, 2014 at 08:58
thanks mate,will suggest to dometic dealer when I find one near Barky, I have an Engal, she is a good standby,packed to the hilt.BobK
FollowupID: 813449

Reply By: Slow one - Sunday, Apr 13, 2014 at 19:26

Sunday, Apr 13, 2014 at 19:26
BK,
here is the manual that will give you the 3 amp fuse location. It is on the PC board, you will find it in on page 18.

Manual link

I don't believe it is your fuse that is causing the problem though. More likely to be a coolant problem, as you know these 3way fridges like to be level to work properly and no have problems.
AnswerID: 530492

Follow Up By: Maisie K - Monday, Apr 14, 2014 at 08:54

Monday, Apr 14, 2014 at 08:54
Thanks for the info, I did,t think it was the fuse, but I am looking at everything. Hopefully I will find a dealer today, might need to put plans for S.A.on hold until I find the prob. Thanks for the manual link.Bobk
FollowupID: 813448

Reply By: vicex - Monday, Apr 14, 2014 at 15:24

Monday, Apr 14, 2014 at 15:24
Mine did the same thing an old fridge mech told me to change my gas reg ,works great now. Have told other people on the road one guy was so happy he gave me a slab. The reg can become blocked a reg is only about $50 they say if your stove has a yellow tinge to it means low pressure. Good luck.
AnswerID: 530537

Sponsored Links