Comment: EOTopo

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 13, 2014 at 19:00
ThreadID: 107250 Views:1516 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
EO- fabulous maps, I have just loaded a series of the maps onto my VMS and here a couple of tips.
1. Down load the VMS map converter from VMS (have a look at the tutorial on VMS web site for reference)
2 Download the Maps to the desk top
3 Add a new folder to the desktop VMS Converted Maps
4 Open the VMS map converter from your computer
Source folder is:EOTopo 220K>2014.3>ECW then OK
6The Destination folder is : desktop>VMS Map Converted Maps Only covert one map(2 files) as it will take a few hours
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Apr 14, 2014 at 12:22

Monday, Apr 14, 2014 at 12:22
Excellent Jim,
Which VMS unit are you using?
Where you able to convert the whole Aust ECW file in one go or did you need to use the state based files?
Adele is compiling a help for for convert/loading maps on various devices and I will pass this onto her for inclusion. Glad you have it working and that it you are happy with it.

The next release is well under-way and nearly every road/track in the Vic High Country has been realigned and named. A huge update for those that are using the product in the VHC. Of course other areas will follow but this area was really lacking in the Natmap data set.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 530524

Reply By: Member - JIM F4 - Tuesday, Apr 15, 2014 at 13:51

Tuesday, Apr 15, 2014 at 13:51
I have a VMS 700HD gps portable unit and I loaded the EO Topo 200k Australian map to the VMS Map Converter in one go; although I do not use them at this stage as I find the State maps so good! I only load one State at a time as this has taken up to 8 hours for just one map to convert.I have just tested the track log and the results are great as the EO Topo map roads are in a clear red and the track log is Yellow
AnswerID: 530610

Sponsored Links