Mildura - Broken Hilll- Simpson Desert

Submitted: Monday, Apr 14, 2014 at 15:05
ThreadID: 107270 Views:1868 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,

I'm back here. I'd like to thanks all the users that give me tips for my first 4x4 trip from Mel to Perth over Christmas holidays.

It has been AWSOME. A fantastic experience of 9500 km in 23 days. Fantastic places that make me understand better the immensity and the beauty of Australia.
Also I've been super happy with the car set-up ... a lot of work but it paid back especially on the tracks around lake Jasper and Israelite Bay.

Now I got addicted :) so I'm leaving again over Easter holidays for 12/13 days .

This time I'll like to go up North .. so I was thinking to try the route:
Mel - Mildura - Broken Hill - lake Eyre or Simpson desert - Flinder Rangers - Kangaroo Island - Mel

Anyone did this route or have any suggestion for the tracks and stuff to see between Broken Hill and Lake Eyre?

Thanks

Simon
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Wildmax - Monday, Apr 14, 2014 at 17:13

Monday, Apr 14, 2014 at 17:13
Really good loop and worth a couple of weeks if you go from Marree up the Oodnadatta Track, then via Dalhousie across the Simpson to Birdsville and back down to Marree via the Birdsville Track. Then you could cut through from Lyndhurst across the bottom bit of the Strezlecki to link to Arkaroola and the northern end of the Flinders Ranges, before heading down to Wilpena Pound. Enjoy !!
Wildmax
2018 Hilux and Black Wolf 210 tent - for the outback tracks less travelled
Formerly an AOR Eclipse and a TVan

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 530545

Follow Up By: maiolica - Monday, Apr 14, 2014 at 17:17

Monday, Apr 14, 2014 at 17:17
Thanks a lot Wildmax !! :) Do you think it will be wet over there?
FollowupID: 813481

Follow Up By: Les PK Ranger - Monday, Apr 14, 2014 at 21:45

Monday, Apr 14, 2014 at 21:45
It's been REALLY wet Wildmax.
All the Ood to MT Dare are finally open agian as of this morning, still a lot of water about, William Ck looks like a bit of care needed atm.

Easter though, should be all dried out . . . we are leaving Wed, in 36hrs or so :) for a 4 day drive up the Ood Tk, Simpson crossing, Anzac Day service Birdsville, then down to Inna via Walkers, Old Strz, down to Mt Hopeless, then through Mt Fitton back the the Strz Tk and finally the hwy.
Maybe duck into the Flinders for a last nights camp, and home end of the month.

Can't. Wait.
FollowupID: 813509

Sponsored Links