Polaris PID019R - LC100 Sahara

Submitted: Monday, Apr 14, 2014 at 20:57
ThreadID: 107282 Views:4715 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
I am looking to replace the OEM unit in my Sahara (basically because the maps are useless, no MP3, no Bluetooth, horrendously expensive upgrades etc!) with a Polaris unit as above.
I have a Hema HN6 which is brilliant, but two GPS in one car is crazy. I hope to load the Hema maps from the HN6 onto the Polaris and use Polaris Street Navigation.
I understand i also have to buy an Ozi CE version suitable for the Polaris as they are comparable with the one Hema supply.

Anyone got any experience with this model of Polaris and particualry if suitable for a 2006 LC100 Sahara?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - bbuzz (NSW) - Tuesday, Apr 15, 2014 at 09:05

Tuesday, Apr 15, 2014 at 09:05
Hi,
There is a cheaper alternative to Polaris that works as well or better.

Look at the link below for an in dash unit that has all the features you mention plus the ability to fit 3 cameras and a recording function on a forward facing camera to capture the idiots who want to try and smash you.

http://www.digoptions.com/

No connection or self interest etc. Just a customer who has had one.

bill
Bill B

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 530587

Follow Up By: Member - Andrew L (WA) - Wednesday, Apr 16, 2014 at 15:42

Wednesday, Apr 16, 2014 at 15:42
often referred to as "Dodgy Options" by many who have owned them, myself included.
FollowupID: 813621

Reply By: Member - PJR (NSW) - Tuesday, Apr 15, 2014 at 10:44

Tuesday, Apr 15, 2014 at 10:44
Bill I am not knocking getting a cheaper version but Andrew may do well to note the problem that our son had in getting one.

He could not get the radio, DVD or any video stuff to be on while Oziexplorer or street navigation was displayed/running in his car. All installed properly.

He was surprised when he got into our car and heard music coming out of the speakers at the same time that Ozi on the screen.

Just a friendly message to be careful. Okay

Phil
AnswerID: 530595

Follow Up By: Member - bbuzz (NSW) - Wednesday, Apr 16, 2014 at 15:47

Wednesday, Apr 16, 2014 at 15:47
All I can report is my experiences.

I had to send a faulty one back and there was no problem whatsoever. Lots of phone calls to check the progress and performance after it was installed.

Four years service before I sold the vehicle. Planning on getting another one soon, now the cameras are available front and back.

Map updates came along in that time too. Took me around Oz and then some.

bill
Bill B

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 813622

Follow Up By: Member - PJR (NSW) - Wednesday, Apr 16, 2014 at 21:35

Wednesday, Apr 16, 2014 at 21:35
Are you talking street navigation? If so then I do not have any experience there. I never use one.

Phil
FollowupID: 813651

Reply By: Member - Ian G (NSW) - Wednesday, Apr 16, 2014 at 18:05

Wednesday, Apr 16, 2014 at 18:05
G'day Andrew,
We had the model before the PIDO19R in our 100 series GXL and now have the PIDO19R in the 200 Series GXL.
We had them installed because we needed "real time" cameras, not just reverse camera, for the car and c'van. We also purchased the Hema off road mapping in the original one but not the new one. Didn't bother in the new one as we have it on the iPads and it is much easier to read on the iPads and it doesn't require Internet service to operate, just a gps signal.
We are gold prospectors and find the Hema mapping invaluable.
We did find the Ozi CE hard to use and very hard to follow. I think you can go to Ozi to get a full version but we didn't bother.
Whilst very helpful with anything to do with Polaris, the Polaris people didn't want to know about Ozi CE.
The Bluetooth and street mapping were quite good and I think the Polaris radio is more powerful than the original Toyota offering.
We have only had the 200 series for 4 weeks but the new version of the Polaris system seems a bit sharper than the old one.
The guys that installed it said it was pretty much plug and play, although it was a bit fiddly to get the camera's operating in real time but I think that was because it was a while since they had put one into a 200 series.
Regards,
Ian
AnswerID: 530698

Sponsored Links