Southern Cross tent users

Submitted: Friday, May 03, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1073 Views:2073 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Question for users of Southern Cross tents. I have one and am mighty impressed with it. I have the single pole in the centre (10 x 10 tent). I am interested for when I stay in 1 place for a few days in using the side pole set up.

Does anyone have side poles?
How do you erect the tent? Got me confused how you raise the thing.
What are your thoughts on the side poles?

thanks
Steve
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Brett - Friday, May 03, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, May 03, 2002 at 00:00
I have side poles for my southern cross ultimate trekker.
Recommend getting side poles. It does not take much more to erect.
I do not have to go into the advantages about not having centre pole in the way.
AnswerID: 3302

Reply By: Steve - Friday, May 03, 2002 at 00:00

Hi Steve, I also have a Sthn Cross Ultimate Trekker, and agree with the previous author. They are great, and give you heaps of room. When putting up my tent I get inside with the triangular piece, and hold it up, my wife then puts in the two side poles. The only hassle is with storage of the triangular piece, it doesn't fit in the bag. I did get an extra bag thou for the poles when I bought it. (I also have the large canvas awning and poles). I have no problems with five in the tent with the side pole kit. Cheers, Steve
AnswerID: 3307

Reply By: David - Friday, May 03, 2002 at 00:00

Hi Steve, an excellent tent, i put my side pole kit in by first using the centre pole to hold up the roof, then put the side pole kit in & remove the centre pole, then extending each side pole up to tension the tent, makes a world of difference to room advantage, regards, Dave.
AnswerID: 3314

Sponsored Links