gas water heater

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 10:49
ThreadID: 107485 Views:1712 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Gooday : I'm thinking about getting a gas water heater for caravan and camping , to be used in sink & camp shower
Not permanently fitted to van but can mounted on van .
I have looked at one , country comfort , portable water heater 4.3 L/p,m , Gas Safety Certified . from Australian direct any feed back on either product or the company ?
What have others used ? any suggestions would be a help .
cheers .
Cheers Nick b

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mike S2 - Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 12:30

Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 12:30
Hi Nick,I have the country comfort heater,works a treat,I changed the pump to larger flow (12ltr),found the smaller pump to be a little inconsistent as to temperature control,burner would switch off,now now longer a problem,very simple unit,just make a mount bracket or use a hook to the backing plate of heater,connect gas and water hosings,electricals,you and yours will enjoy,regards,Mike
AnswerID: 531321

Reply By: craigandej - Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 23:13

Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 23:13
Hi,

I've been looking at these myself, my main concern is they will heat to 25 deg. above water source temp. Has anyone had experience with these in cold climates to test how hot the water will actually get?

Cheers
Craig
AnswerID: 531385

Follow Up By: Trevor P4 - Monday, Apr 28, 2014 at 18:18

Monday, Apr 28, 2014 at 18:18
Craig,
I have one of these that came with my Conqueror camper. I was a little disappointed with the water temp and I contacted the importer and was told it is designed to heat to 35 deg above ambient. I reduced the water flow and max the gas output on the front of the unit. I also noted that the camper had no insulation on any of the hot piping run throughout the camper. So with the adjustments and with the insulation added and also given the shower outlet is pretty close to the unit I am now happier with the unit, It is still not quite piping hot at the sink in the van but we live with that but is plenty hot enough at the shower.
I am in Canberra and get to the Snowys when ever I can.

Cheers

Trevor
FollowupID: 814417

Sponsored Links