Arrogant & selfish motorists Get under my skin!!.

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 16:31
ThreadID: 107492 Views:2767 Replies:10 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
A young guy was having trouble with his rodeo ute in the middle of a roundabout on a busy arterial road this arvo, stopping and starting moving half a metre at a time then finally stopping altogether.He jumped out and started to push the thing, but you could see he was struggling ,the thing was the guy behind just kept creeping along until he was nearly on top of him ,not even offering any assistance, same as the two behind him, saw it all from four cars back, So got the chits stopped parked in the middle of the lane and raced down and gave him a hand to get it off the road ,when returning to my vehicle,there were cars going everywhere blasting horns trying to get around me ,....They could see what was going on!!!!, but Nup!, if they were all a min late they were all going to die.....unbelievable.

Cheers Axle
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Robin Miller - Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 16:34

Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 16:34
You should try playing with 12 trying to get up an impossible hill all at once Axle !
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 531339

Follow Up By: Axle - Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 16:54

Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 16:54
Lol Robin,......Mate I would have liked to have put all in a bog hole and leave them there.

Cheers Axle.
FollowupID: 814347

Follow Up By: Robin Miller - Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 16:59

Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 16:59
Actually , I meant to add that I feel your pain Axle - but I'm currently looking after a wife with a broken foot
and was summoned to make the Nth cup of tea.

But in similar vein I pulled up close to shops with indicators to reduce her "On crutches" time and got some nasty looks from those I held up for under 1 minute.
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 814348

Follow Up By: Member - PJR (NSW) - Tuesday, Apr 29, 2014 at 11:23

Tuesday, Apr 29, 2014 at 11:23
Blow them a kiss
FollowupID: 814476

Reply By: Hoyks - Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 16:51

Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 16:51
Yep, a mate of mine was lying on the road after being clipped by a car while riding his bike.

Lying on the road with a broken leg waiting for an ambulance the poor bloke is copping abuse for holding up the traffic.
AnswerID: 531340

Reply By: evaredy - Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 16:53

Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 16:53
Good on you for helping the guy out.

People these days are A holes, no one bothers to help anyone, they are all in a mad rush to get to the next red light.

I live on a busy two lane road and have lost count of the times I get abused for simply pulling into my own driveway.

I start to indicate three houses away and also start to slow down, the turn into my drive is quite tight with a tree on the far edge and a concrete letterbox on the other, plus it is a steep drive.

Over the years I have come across all sorts, the ones that lean on the horn, others who just about run into the back of me and those that feel the need to do all of that plus start abusing me.

This happens very regularly even though the other lane is completely EMPTY.

For the latter, I simply reverse back out and nine times out of ten I am able to catch them at the lights a few hundred meters down the road.
They are not so brave and full of themselves when I bang on their window and give them a serve. Most are too gutless to even wind the window down.
AnswerID: 531341

Reply By: Ross M - Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 18:24

Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 18:24
G'day Axle
Most likely ALL the people, we shall call them people, who were impatient and tooted are under 40 years and grew up pushing buttons, Game Boys, Nintendo, Xbox etc. They aren't used to helping anyone, that is a foreign concept, everyone should be helping them.
How dare, the man with the broken down vehicle hold them up for a minute, or the cyclist with the broken leg dare to slow traffic. It is just not cricket.

Pushing buttons is how you get things done.
Horn Buttons,
Power window buttons, so they can salute to you,
Phone buttons/screen. Text and drive anyone?
Lift buttons, In Myers, to get them to a level they desire.
What else can they do, they are remote control people.

You will never get them out of their car and into the hazardous world of reality. It's a jungle out there.
AnswerID: 531351

Follow Up By: Axle - Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 19:01

Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 19:01
Very True Ross!,...things are changing,to i do know what.

Cheers Axle.
FollowupID: 814357

Follow Up By: Hoyks - Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 22:18

Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 22:18
I have found that some of the most self centered and intolerant are retired.

Maybe it is because they don't have many days left so they can't wast a minute.
FollowupID: 814374

Reply By: Top End Az - Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 18:58

Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 18:58
It's a shame that the etiquette and mateship we find in the bush isn't found in town. There isn't better feeling of ambling down a single lane bush track with another fourbie approaching you and you both pull off intro the scrub to allow the other bloke though.

Same again when you are pulled over with your bonnet up out in the middle of nowhere.

Don't know what changes us when we get back within city limits but its time we all went a bit easier on each other.
AnswerID: 531354

Reply By: Member - Outback Gazz - Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 19:00

Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 19:00
G'day Axle

Welcome to modern day Australia !

Part of the problem these days is litigation ! If you stop to help someone in need and things don't turn out well you can get sued and lose thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars. All depends on who has the best lawyer ! That's why a lot of people don't help anyone anymore !

Not quite a motoring story but this shows us the attitude of some of the young modern day Australians -

On a recent sunday morning at approx 6.00 a.m. I heard terrifying screams coming from a female out the front of my house - sounded like she was being murdered, shorts on and raced out the front to see a male of roughly late 20's beating the living daylights out of a young female of approximately the same age. Got to about 10 to 15 metres away and yelled to the male " Stop that right now or I will give you some of the same and a bit more ! " He stopped, looked up, wasn't sure what to do when the young female yelled out "mind your own effin business "

Well - I just said "keep going mate and give her one for me " and went back inside.

What's the point of trying to help ??

Glad I won't be around in another 20 years to see how this once great country ends up !

Happy and safe travelling

Gazz
AnswerID: 531355

Follow Up By: cookie1 - Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 19:38

Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 19:38
There has never been a successful case for rendering assistance, it has been a point of discussion in each and every First Aid course I have done and providing you do not overstep the mark, that is, you are not undertaking surgery, you are quite safe.

Many of my friends who are in the Police force face this regularly, when they put cuffs on the aggressor the female starts attacking them and they are nasty beasts - wouldn't be a copper for quids.

Todays youth just doesn't have the same values but then we are not allowed to chastise our children the way many of us were either - I see a distinct link there.

cheers
FollowupID: 814363

Follow Up By: Member - LG__ (WA) - Tuesday, Apr 29, 2014 at 00:56

Tuesday, Apr 29, 2014 at 00:56
All states and territories in Australia now have versions of the 'Good Samaritan Laws' in place, which cover people who come to the aid of anybody in danger of injury, perform cpr etc.

NB - I have no legal training, just 'common knowledge' :)

ACT: Civil Law (wrongs) Act 2002
NSW: Civil Liability Act 2002
NT: Personal Injuries (Liabilities and Damages) Act 2003
QLD: Civil Liability Act 2003
QLD: Law Reform Act 1995*
SA: Civil Liability Act 1936 †
TAS : Civil Liability Act 2002
VIC: Wrongs Act 1958
WA: Civil Liability Act 2002

* At section 16 of this Act, legal liability shall not attach to a health care professional or other person in respect of an act or omission in the course of rendering medical care, aid or assistance to an injured person in circumstances of emergency if the following apply: (1) the act is done or omitted in good faith and without gross negligence and (2) the services are performed without fee or reward or expectation of fee or reward.

† Section 74 of the Civil Liability Act 1936 refers to a good Samaritan as being a “medically qualified” person, which includes a registered medical practitioner, an ambulance officer or someone who works in a recognised paramedical capacity, as well as a person who has “professional qualifications in some field of health care that is statutorily recognised

HTH
FollowupID: 814456

Reply By: pop2jocem - Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 20:09

Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 20:09
Yep, and it is only going to get worse. If you dare to do 90 kph and not at least 110 in 100 zone you get abuse hurled at you for holding up their precious lives.

Just can't wait to get to the grave.

Keep smiling

Pop
AnswerID: 531365

Reply By: disco driver - Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 20:23

Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 20:23
Best example of selfish driving that I've been an unwilling onlooker to.
Travelling from Albany (WA) to Perth caught in a long convoy caught behind two B double rigs close up one behind the other .
Approaching the longest passing lane on the way up the rear truck pulled out to pass the marginally slower one, thus preventing anyone else from getting through.
Get to the end of the passing lane and the truck being passed had to slow down to allow the one attempting to get past back into the single lane road

Result:- One truck travelling about half a K faster basically forced his way to the front and caused the whole line of vehicles to brake to let him in. The convoy now was by now about twice as long as before the overtaking attempt.

There were a lot of frustrated and angry drivers giving this so called professional driver a real mouthful over the airways.
His "edited" response on Ch 40 was along the lines of I'm bigger than you get out of my way.

Unfortunately his Reg plates were so dirty that we could not get a clear picture for referral to both the police and also the fleet owners.

Disco.
AnswerID: 531367

Reply By: cookie1 - Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 20:43

Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 20:43
Can't count how many times we have been stuck behind trucks doing 100KPH in a 110 zone but generally happy to wait as they are speed limited - well they're supposed to be :)

We were behind a L-Plater who was sat behind a semi so we hung well back and waited, got to an overtaking lane and was gobsmacked when the L-Plater pulled out to overtake the truck, who was now doing about 90-95KPH due to the incline, well the L-Plater stuck to the 100KPH limit and we remained stuck behind the truck for another lengthy period, as I will not overtake until it is safe to do so. Funny thing was the truck was now stuck behind the L-Plater, who had now slowed down on the main drag. We eventually got around but then noticed the L-Plater pulling over a short while later, don't blame the L-Plater but I thought the supervising driver needed a reminder in courtesy on the highways.

cheers
AnswerID: 531368

Reply By: Member - TowBall - Tuesday, Apr 29, 2014 at 10:35

Tuesday, Apr 29, 2014 at 10:35
Hi All - Last week was driving home from work in the rain, stopped at an intersection waiting to get the green, when a car & trailer went flying through the intersection & when it got to the middle, the 2 double bed matresses in the trailer flew off to land blocking both lanes. When I got the green light I put my hazard lights on & proceeded to shift both matresses onto the medium strip - ever tried to shift a wet double bed matress???. All the while, 2 young blokes parked behind me, sat in their car through 2 sets of green lights & watched me bust my back - must have been some good stuff on the radio............ I'm 62 & a lot fitter than I thought, but I was knackered when I got back in the car.
AnswerID: 531464

Sponsored Links