Jayco pricing at Sydney caravan and camping show

Submitted: Monday, Apr 28, 2014 at 14:37
ThreadID: 107508 Views:3470 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,

I went to see the show on the weekend and was impressed with the new Jayco pop up trailers (looking at the dove outback) but wanted to see if anyone knew the rrp of the trailers and if the so called special show prices are ok or if you could negotiate better after the show.

The pricing was around 26,500 with inner springs, awning inc walls, floor matting & battery. I'm not sure if most of those items would come standard anyway?

Anyone purchased one recently that could let me know what deal they got?

Thanks

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Sanantone - Tuesday, Apr 29, 2014 at 05:51

Tuesday, Apr 29, 2014 at 05:51
I am of the opinion, that the show prices are higher than outside of show time? It never used to be, but I guess they have realized people at the show are there to purchase, generally no matter what?
I recently purchased a Jayco Starcraft OB caravan (due in June) & the Newcastle show prices were higher than my purchase from the Jayco dealer I went with.
I sent a BCC email to a number of Jayco dealers outlining what I wanted & asked them for a quote, it was surprising how different they all were.
Tony
"For the Rover's life has pleasures, that the townsfolk will never know" - sort of from Banjo Paterson

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 531447

Follow Up By: mrpotato - Tuesday, Apr 29, 2014 at 10:05

Tuesday, Apr 29, 2014 at 10:05
Thanks for the tip Tony, I was thinking that I could negotiate the same price or better after the show as well. Not a bad idea on the emailing approach!
FollowupID: 814472

Follow Up By: Derek Jones - Thursday, May 01, 2014 at 12:09

Thursday, May 01, 2014 at 12:09
Don't overestimate the value of the broadcast email.

Did the same with a new Corrolla sometime ago and the price variations were significant. I would expect the same would apply to a van which is supplied by multiple agents.
FollowupID: 814603

Reply By: wombat100 - Tuesday, Apr 29, 2014 at 08:53

Tuesday, Apr 29, 2014 at 08:53
My son purchased (ordered) a Swan 'outback' there on Sunday.
Reckons he got a good deal- but I'm sure haggling with dealers would get a better deal !!

AnswerID: 531456

Follow Up By: mrpotato - Tuesday, Apr 29, 2014 at 10:06

Tuesday, Apr 29, 2014 at 10:06
Did your son pay the "show" price or are they willing to negotiate further?
FollowupID: 814473

Reply By: Matty_P - Thursday, May 22, 2014 at 18:06

Thursday, May 22, 2014 at 18:06
Me and my wife ordered the Swan outback from the show here is the low down on what we got:

$33k ish was the show price tag which included bag awning and walls, bed flys and floor mating.

I haggled and got extra gas bottle, fusion Stereo, 120W solar panel and coast to Coast monitoring panel, roof rack for $29,500

Was the last day of the show.....we went the first day of the show to buy nick knacks for our current camper trailer....went back 2nd weekend (paid full price again of course) just to look thru vans thou we had no real intention of buying one....

Then went to the local dealer in St.Marys and spent another $1000 on extra water tank, TV outlet and antenna, off road hitch and shelves for the cupboard ....so they got me in the end.

Matt
AnswerID: 532965

Sponsored Links