mazda 2011 dash problems

Submitted: Sunday, May 04, 2014 at 16:21
ThreadID: 107614 Views:1242 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,
Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with their BT 50 dash instrument panel.eg speedo, tacko, fuel and temp gauges. when driving first up in the morning all the gauges drop back to zero for one-two seconds. then return back to normal. this can occur for at least 30mins after. as the day warms up, this no loner happens. i have spoken to mazda and they say it could be a loose connection. An auto electrician friend tells me that there is a circuit board behind the dash that controls the panel. and if there is a crack in this panel, it could cost over a $1,000 to replace it. when the problem occurs, I hear this clicking sound coming from the front passenger side kick board panel. [sounds like a relay opening/closing] this problem started back in November 2013 and the warranty ran out February 2014. I don't think mazda will come to the party. Appreciate any thoughs; Leon
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: John and Regina M - Sunday, May 04, 2014 at 16:57

Sunday, May 04, 2014 at 16:57
If it was preexisting, and duly noted on service documents prior to the expiry of warranty, then it can be claimed under warranty.

If not, then bad luck. It should be reported to initiate the paperwork. And telling them you were too busy/out of state/dead won't cut it.

And yes, intermittent electrical issues can be very labour intensive to chase down.

I've been doing exactly that for 38 years. Your friend is correct, however if the fault can be traced to the pcb it's possible it can be repaired. But keep in mind the problem can be....literally anywhere nowadays.
AnswerID: 531829

Sponsored Links