The things you see

Submitted: Thursday, May 08, 2014 at 16:09
ThreadID: 107671 Views:2497 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I did a road trip west yesterday for work and came across young Japanese man walking the Warrego highway about 10km shy of Morven.

I overnighted in Morven at the Pub and 2 hours after I passed him the bloke turns up looking for a place to stay for the night (he had a small gear trailer he towed along with him) and seeing as he was on a budget wandered down to the Morven Caravan park.

He reappeared about 30mins later for a feed and we got chatting. His name sounded like Toupee, so it quickly got shortened to Comb Over hehehe
It turns out he had a dream to walk from Brisbane to Perth and had left Brisbane 16 days ago so is covering about 50km/day. We asked if he was heading to Augathella next but he isn't and is heading to Charleville. It turns out he is going to walk the Plenty Highway to Alice then traverse the Great Central road to get to Perth.

After we shouted him some Morven "Wallaby Stew" for tea and feed him a few nightcaps of Great Northern Stubbies, he disappeared back to the Caravan park for a Little Lie Down. He wasn't around when I left Morven this morning, which was a shame as I wanted him to take the Morven Pubs alarm clock (The Rooster) with him hehehe

So I would keep your eyes peeled for a Young Japanese Bloke walking these routes, he has until 24 August to get to Perth for his flight back to Darwin.

Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 4 Moderator

Reply By: baz&pud (tassie) - Thursday, May 08, 2014 at 16:46

Thursday, May 08, 2014 at 16:46
Hi Kev, how yu doin.

Couple of years back, Pud and i were between Winton and Longreach, came across a Pom pushing a trolley, thought he may be raising money for something, so pulled up.

It was quite hot so got a can of diet coke out for him, and some fruit, turned out that it was his birthday so i said i would get a small amount of rum for him so that he could celebrate, but no, it was a non alcoholic walk.

Pud asked if she could push the trolley to see how it went, she pushed it a couple of meters, but he requested she bring it back to him other wise it was two meters he didn't walk.

He was walking from Karumba to Melbourne.

Say g'day to Sam and the girls.
Cheers.
baz
Go caravaning, life is so much shorter than death.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 532110

Sponsored Links