Roof Rack available for Coromal Pioneer Silhouette Camper?

Submitted: Friday, May 09, 2014 at 18:27
ThreadID: 107696 Views:5604 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All
I am wondering if you can install a roof rack on top of a 2010 Coromal Pioneer Silhouette Camper (PS 391 model).
I'm concerned that putting weight on the fibreglass roof could do structural damage as it doesn't look 'beefy' enough to use any decent fixings. It would only be slight weight of a wave ski, Oz Trail Gazebo and/or fold up chairs.
Has anybody done this or similar?
Look forward to any feedback.
Cheers.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Phil 'n Jill (WA) - Friday, May 09, 2014 at 20:00

Friday, May 09, 2014 at 20:00
Hi Mark

We pondered that issue when we had a Silhouette, but thought better of it - or at least I did, because it certainly wouldn't have been a happy outcome if any damage arose from the venture.

My thoughts are to discuss it with either Coromal themselves, or with a reputable fibreglass fabricator. It may well be a sound proposition to mould supports in fibreglass & bond them into the f/glass roof. -

Someone in the marine industry may be able to help - those canopies on fibreglass runabouts must take a hammering at times.

Happy travelling - regards, Phil
Phil 'n Jill (WA)

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 532181

Reply By: Mark A1 - Friday, May 09, 2014 at 20:46

Friday, May 09, 2014 at 20:46
Thanks Phil
Might be easier to 'de-clutter' and travel lighter!
Mark
AnswerID: 532185

Reply By: Shaker - Friday, May 09, 2014 at 22:54

Friday, May 09, 2014 at 22:54
Is it solid fibreglass or composite?
If it's the latter, the core would need to removed & replaced to allow the foot pads to be tightened without causing it to crush.
AnswerID: 532189

Reply By: Mark A1 - Friday, Jun 06, 2014 at 12:21

Friday, Jun 06, 2014 at 12:21
Hi Everyone

Just a follow up with my original enquiry with research going back and forward from Coromal Caravans and fabricators -

If you have a Coromal Pioneer Silhouette Camper there is no genuine roof rack available.

Fabricators will talk you into making something to spec. - but be aware that installing anything on your camper roof, that this will void any warranty to your product.

A roof rack on top of vehicle sounds a better alternative!

Happing Camping.

AnswerID: 533833

Sponsored Links