water levels Cammoweal and Clem walton weir

Submitted: Saturday, May 10, 2014 at 17:05
ThreadID: 107708 Views:1840 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, We will be heading into Qld soon and I'm just wondering if anyone is aware if the Camooweal water hole is full and the Clem walton weir creek is flowing folowing the rains in Western Qld.

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bandicoot - Saturday, May 10, 2014 at 18:13

Saturday, May 10, 2014 at 18:13
Clem Walton park on Lake Corella is currently closed due to baiting. Most of the waterholes in the region have some water in them. We stopped at Rosebud dam last week (part way to Fountain springs) and it had water. Cloncurry has got a lot more rain last wet season than the Isa (and hence probably Camooweal) so not sure how much surface water is out Camooweal way.
Bandicoot
AnswerID: 532229

Follow Up By: Racey - Sunday, May 11, 2014 at 10:58

Sunday, May 11, 2014 at 10:58
Thanks Bandicoot, I'm guessing the baiting for the cats that were there. Hope they get the lot.
FollowupID: 815473

Reply By: Member - iijmartin - Saturday, May 10, 2014 at 20:19

Saturday, May 10, 2014 at 20:19
Hi stayed at Camooweal billabong 5 days ago . Plenty of water lillies and birds. Turn left after bridge plenty of spots but can camp right beside water if you go further along the gravel road after you cross the grid . We thought it was a great spot
AnswerID: 532233

Reply By: braggy - Sunday, May 11, 2014 at 07:06

Sunday, May 11, 2014 at 07:06
Cammoweal was full 3 weeks ago
Cheers Ken
AnswerID: 532241

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Sunday, May 11, 2014 at 14:43

Sunday, May 11, 2014 at 14:43
Racey

As said, plenty of water in the waterhole at Camooweal. Some of the happy travellers must miss the traffic noise of suburbia, as many camp almost under the high level bridge, away from the waterhole. Would be a noisy spot, with road trains rattling over the bridge, through the night.

Was talking to a tanker driver the other night, that's carting water out of the lake @ Clem Walton. There's a new mine, about 10 kms north of Fountain Springs, and he is carting water into there. Don't know if the park is closed at the present(many shires are doing 1080 aerial baiting at mo), but yesterday arvo there was a "candy car" parked at the entrance, and the officer seemed more interested in something in the park, than the goings-on along the highway?

Fountain Springs parking area seems to be filling up quickly each afternoon lately. Old Mary K township might be a less busy, and quieter option, if you are self contained, or don't need a flushing toot.

Bob.

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 532268

Sponsored Links