Point torment derby

Submitted: Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 16:18
ThreadID: 107791 Views:1469 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hello, was wondering if anyone has been out to point torment north of derby , I'm wondering weather it's worth a look or not maybe flick a lure for barra , doesn't seem to be much info of this area , I should be there near end of June after doing the gibb , any info is most appreciated.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sweeney - Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 21:39

Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 21:39
LCCY79
I am not much of a fisher person but I am a local.
Point Torment is not very picturesque though it is not a bad fishing spot but not much of a barra spot though. High tides or coming off high tides will make access difficult (as you got to cross a 100-200m of marsh flats to get to the water) but there is a reef near the boat launching spot and you can land some nice fish on the right tides. There is no boat ramp so launching boat is somewhat difficult but can be rewarding. Just remember, it is crocodile country...

Sweeney
AnswerID: 532522

Follow Up By: LCCY79 - Friday, May 16, 2014 at 01:24

Friday, May 16, 2014 at 01:24
G'day Sweeney thanks for the reply, I suppose if it was a scenic go to kinda place it would be more known , I just flick lures land based & keeping options open for other things to do & see , yeah I have read about tides making access difficult , the only real information i have is in hema's Kimberley guide & Ron moons guide
FollowupID: 815816

Sponsored Links