EOTopo 200K

Submitted: Sunday, May 18, 2014 at 17:00
ThreadID: 107830 Views:1397 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I am after some answers about EOTopo 200K and if it will work much the same as The Memory Map that I have on my VMS Touring 600 GPS, where I can log on to the appropriate Memory map and it show me exactly where I am on the map and reference location for my position will move as I travel so that I know exactly where I am at any time.
I also need to know if it can be loaded on to my Laptop as well as my VMS GPS
Ralph and Anne C (NSW)

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Sunday, May 18, 2014 at 17:24

Sunday, May 18, 2014 at 17:24
Hi

EoTopo is a set of maps - it is not a gps mapping program. You can get a version of the maps in Memory Map format ..so I assume these should work (i.e. be viewable) on your VMS Touring 600 GPS via the Memory Map program - but not 100% sure. I would suggest contacting VMS and/or Memory Map direct to ask the question (or wait till someone here responds)

If you wish to use the EOTopo maps on your PC then you will need a gps mapping program that works in MS Windows. Several options but sticking with the Memory Map theme ..you can download the windows version of Memory Map by clicking HERE. I dont use either but again I assume you should be able to use the same EOtopo maps on both your gps unit and the PC (i..e you shouldn't have to purchase twice for both VMS and PC).

Hope this helps

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 532700

Reply By: Member - Alan H (QLD) - Monday, May 19, 2014 at 10:15

Monday, May 19, 2014 at 10:15
I use EoTopo maps on a VMS unit in my truck. I use Exploroz CE as mapping software

It all runs very well and gives "Moving Map" to indicate where you are on the map at all times.

Cheers

Alan
AnswerID: 532746

Follow Up By: Member - Alan H (QLD) - Monday, May 19, 2014 at 10:17

Monday, May 19, 2014 at 10:17
Should have added that I use Exploroz "windows" on a laptop and run the same Eotopo maps.

Aalan
FollowupID: 816049

Sponsored Links