mitsubishi challenger

Submitted: Wednesday, Feb 25, 2004 at 20:59
ThreadID: 10790 Views:2341 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I hope some of you can remember this- Way back in sept 2003 i posted a notice saying i had problems with my door locks working when they felt like it, well after constant visits to the mitsu dealers where they changed all sorts and every thing, and still not beleaving me when i would return the next day to rebook it back in with the same fault, i decided to have a look my self, i had noticed that it happend a lot when i changed gear! ,Boy did they look at me funny at the dealers when i kept saying that, so through going thru the gear changing action i narrowed it down to when i actually move the accelorator pedal the tinniest amount, so i got upside down under the dash as you do , and what did i see. A very small nic in one of the cables near the accelorator cable, behind the pedal,this was obviously the fault as it sparked when i touched it against the cable, a small amount of insulation tape and reroute of the bunch of cables did the trick .What has taken mitsubishi 5/6 months with out success i did my self in about 5 mins. So i ask my self these questions .
1, why didn't i just look my self in the first place and;
2, why did i put up with it for so long ,
And the sad thing is i miss that noise now on long journeys.
Hope this may help some one in the future,
thanks for reading my little story , and thanks for your responses way back.
cheers for now NU2OZ
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member Eric - Wednesday, Feb 25, 2004 at 22:20

Wednesday, Feb 25, 2004 at 22:20
Nu20z , i would like to point out that , motormechanics get a raw deal some times . They get a car for a day and have to find faults that are not there all the time . Usualy they go on history of a model and basic checking prosedures. What seams like a simple diagnosis by yourself , is not so simple . It took you 6 months of driving the car to pin point it . I am not bagging you , I think you did well to find it . I just think mechanics have a lot of pressure on them . When I had a shop and came across problems like that , I would sometimes offer the owner to drive his car around for a few days , to try and find the fault . Guess what ? noone took it on lol , I hope you see my point . Anyway great trouble shooting . Ill keep it in the memory bank .Venus Bay
AnswerID: 48110

Follow Up By: Bitsumishin - Mike A (WA) - Wednesday, Feb 25, 2004 at 23:29

Wednesday, Feb 25, 2004 at 23:29
Agree with you Eric. I just picked my car up from Skippers today. They serviced it last week and always do a great job but this time when I got it back, I heard heaps of crackle from the CB Radio when the engine was running. They had just replaced the plugs so obviously they had stuffed something up. Well as it turns out, they didn't the wire to my aerial is faulty & it was just co-incidence it started playing up just after the service. Time it took them to find the problem? - 30 minutes Price they charged me for this time? - Nothing except my embarrassment. You've gotta be happy with that.Here's Mud in your Tyre
FollowupID: 310043

Reply By: nu2oz - Thursday, Feb 26, 2004 at 01:06

Thursday, Feb 26, 2004 at 01:06
Hi guys ,thanks for your responses, i agree with you in some respects ; ie electrical faults are allways the worst to find, however on three occasions the service manager or the electrician came out with me and witnessed the problem, this and the fact i told them when the problem occurred most and they saw it was when changing gear. The thing that annoyed me most was the fact that on all these occasions was that each time they told me the problem was cured and by the time i got less than 500 meters away it was obviously not. once i was still in the car park. on one occasion i acutally had it there for 5 days in which time it also had its 100,000 service(big bucks).
but your right they do great some times and get little thanks, may be its just the big boys who don,t have pride in their work some times.
regards
NU2oz

AnswerID: 48141

Sponsored Links