Comment: EOZi

Submitted: Saturday, May 24, 2014 at 09:05
ThreadID: 107926 Views:1570 Replies:2 FollowUps:10
This Thread has been Archived
Hi David. Looks good. Can you give an opinion on the merit of installing onto a VMS 3000 in-dash system (CE)?
Barry
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - PJR (NSW) - Saturday, May 24, 2014 at 09:40

Saturday, May 24, 2014 at 09:40
I also have a question David.

If I get the CE interface for our VMS 7500 will I still be able to use OziCE without the interface? Does it change OziCE at all?

We don't use waypoints or routes. We prefer just tracks. No straight lines and all that stuff. But I would like to have a look at it in person. And I have aleady modified a few of the OziCE screens to suite our style. But you never know mate this may be another mod that I could use.

Phil
AnswerID: 533079

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Saturday, May 24, 2014 at 13:39

Saturday, May 24, 2014 at 13:39
Butting in...the "interface" is just a file that you load instead of the default one (can't remember which buttons - haven't used CE for a while maybe under File -> Load Page file or something like that). If you dont like it you can then just reload the original file - nothing is deleted or lost during the process - easy peasy.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 816388

Follow Up By: Member - PJR (NSW) - Saturday, May 24, 2014 at 13:52

Saturday, May 24, 2014 at 13:52
Thanks Greg

I have never loaded any interface file. I just run OziCE and go with the pages it already has. I think that I will investigate a little first mate. I prefer not to stuff around with things that work!

Catchya

Phil
FollowupID: 816390

Follow Up By: Member - PJR (NSW) - Saturday, May 24, 2014 at 14:12

Saturday, May 24, 2014 at 14:12
I just had a quick look and see what you mean. Don't know. I have already modified my screen but we shall see.

Thanks Mate

Phil
FollowupID: 816392

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Saturday, May 24, 2014 at 18:42

Saturday, May 24, 2014 at 18:42
Phil,

As stated by Greg you just add the file to your CE system and load it using the File menu, you can revert by loading a different par file easy as. There is some instructions in the 32 page manual that we wrote for the product. Like what I wrote above I reckon you will love it and never go back coupled with a manual that helps explain a lot of the functions.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 816410

Follow Up By: Member - PJR (NSW) - Saturday, May 24, 2014 at 18:54

Saturday, May 24, 2014 at 18:54
All understood David.

Before I finish this post please understand that I am only asking what effects it would have. I am not criticising your work in any way whatsoever. Just asking mate. Okay?

Phil
FollowupID: 816414

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Saturday, May 24, 2014 at 18:55

Saturday, May 24, 2014 at 18:55
Phil,

No worries at all.

David

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 816415

Follow Up By: Member - PJR (NSW) - Saturday, May 24, 2014 at 18:59

Saturday, May 24, 2014 at 18:59
I meant to add that I only have a 5" screen and all those buttons may only crowd the screen.

Just working on the car for a Canning drive and would prefer not to change anything until we come back.

Phil
FollowupID: 816416

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Saturday, May 24, 2014 at 18:39

Saturday, May 24, 2014 at 18:39
Barry,

I would use it - in fact I am using it on my in dash 8" unit. The only proviso is that you may need to upgrade the OziCE version. If you are on an older one it will not work. But upgrading is really easy. I reckon you will love it and never go back to the standard screens. The reason I created this was because the default screens were a little ordinary and because Ozi is targeted for all sorts of users it has things you will never use. I have built this to really suit 6" plus units to make the whole thing a lot (i mean a lot) easier to use and understand.

For a few bucks give it a whirl, I still reckon you will never go back and if there are things you want changed just let us know and we can incorporate them into the main product.

David

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 533105

Follow Up By: BarGan - Saturday, May 24, 2014 at 18:42

Saturday, May 24, 2014 at 18:42
Thanks David.
I will order it now.
Barry
FollowupID: 816411

Follow Up By: BarGan - Friday, May 30, 2014 at 09:47

Friday, May 30, 2014 at 09:47
David,

Purchased and installed.
All OK, even on my 5" screen!
Page 4 of the User Manual says that "The default name search file supplied is the Exploroz Places database", but this is not supplied in the linked download for EOZi CE.
Is this available elsewhere?
Assuming that I can get it from somewhere, do I then just add it to the Name Search folder?
Also, the Dim option makes the screen unreadable. I'll try to adjust the par file with the OziCE Designer over the weekend.

Barry
FollowupID: 816795

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Friday, May 30, 2014 at 09:51

Friday, May 30, 2014 at 09:51
That's great Barry,
Glad it is working OK. The name search text should actually not be in the manual - that is my mistake. This was a manual converted from another product we have created for something else. I will amend this ASAP - thanks for alerting me to this error.

The DIM is interesting - I had this set at 50% but on most devices it seemed too bright so I went to 40%. Have a go and see if 50 is better on your device and let me know I can revert back to 50% if this is more suitable. I assume you are testing this in the dark, like in your car at night or similar.

David

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 816796

Sponsored Links