Costco diesel

Submitted: Monday, May 26, 2014 at 16:26
ThreadID: 107953 Views:2374 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
This Thread has been Locked
As an ex oil company fuels man for 26 years, I would caution how and what you add to diesel to " improve " it. I have been out of the business for 5 years so I won,t offer opinions on what diesel has what additives in it now, but in my time the fuel came from refineries without additive, into terminals where that terminal would inject their particular additive at the fill stand and other users were denied that additive. So for example the Caltex terminal would inject their additive into a Caltex tanker for delivery to Caltex servos and other companies that filled from that terminal either brought their additive in drums to self inject at the Caltex terminal or in some cases they would go back to their respective terminals and put the additive in there. Sounds a bit messy. Well let me tell you many/most could not be bothered with the extra work and simply took off without any additive. Ditto the trucks that delivered to independent servos where no additive went in at all.
Could I suggest that the forum gets in contact with a chemist from one of the big guys (Caltex/Shell/BP/Mobil, and ask them about additives and what they think about adding 2stroke oil to the fuel. Only then can a judgement have some fact to it rather than everybody suggesting a brand of oil which might not be good for a particular type of engine. Remember they go off with a Big Bang and big costs when they are unhappy!!
Cheers
BillM
Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Sponsored Links