Dog friendly CVP's close to Perth

Submitted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 20:17
ThreadID: 107974 Views:2098 Replies:4 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Gidday all, we are currently travelling around the
Sth West of W A, heading toward Perth, we are keen to see some of the sights etc of Perth and are seeking a quiet dog friendly caravan park preferably close to the coast, within an easy commute to the city, also any dog sitters that can be recommended.
Have looked here on places, Wiki camps etc, but would be great to hear from anyone with personal experience, park doesn't have to have all the"bells & whistles"just clean & friendly, all advices are appreciated. P.S. We have two small well behaved bichons
Thanks, Steve & Rhonda.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen - Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 00:46

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 00:46
Not by the coast

Banksia Tourist Park - Hazelmere - pets at management discretion.
Kenlorn Caravan Park - Queens Park
Kingsway Tourist Park - Madeley
Swan Valley Tourist Park - West Swan
Crystal Brook Caravan Park - Orange Grove

Close to the coast but further south

Cee and Sea Caravan Park - Rockingham

Check these and others on My Park List

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 533285

Follow Up By: Member - Steve O (QLD) - Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 10:54

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 10:54
Thankyou so much Motherhen,very much appreciated, if you have stayed at any of these, which one would you you rate as your favourite?
Again, Thankyou for your reply, Steve.
FollowupID: 816637

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 12:53

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 12:53
No I haven't Steve, but some of them have user reviews on Badger's.

On the caravaners forum someone liked the one at Rockingham:
"We stayed at Banksia recently, but we didn't like it much. We moved to Rockingham and were very happy there. Cee & See Caravan Park is dog friendly, and is opposite the beach. The amenities were kept spotlessly clean, and the sites were well spread out. There was a bus that stopped more less out the front, I would assume it would go to the shopping centre and railway station."

Mh
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 816641

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 12:59

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 12:59
On the same thread, someone had stayed 14 weeks at Banksia and liked it, and said it was much better than Crystal Brook.

You will find that most of these have a lot of "permanents".

Mh

Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 816644

Reply By: Kazza055 - Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 13:11

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 13:11
Hi Steve.

Of the first five listed by Motherhen, I have stayed at the first and the last i.e Banksia and Crystal Brook.

Kenlorn I think might be closing down as a google view of the area shows housing encroaching. The other 2 I am not familiar with.

We spent three months as Banksia last year while our house was being built. It has good facilities and is fairly central but being close to the airport you do get planes flying over.
Close to Row Highway which will give you good access to most areas. There is also a bus stop out the front. http://www.banksiatourist.com.au/

Crystal Brook has been in the news recently due to a murder but this would not be an everyday occurrence one would hope.

Having stayed at both Banksia would be top on my list.
AnswerID: 533311

Follow Up By: Member - Steve O (QLD) - Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 20:26

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 20:26
Thankyou Kazza 055, it seems to be pretty slim pickings for anywhere really good as soon as you mention the magic word...." Dogs "
More so in the cities than the rural areas it would appear?
Anyway Thankyou for the feed back , it is appreciated and we will follow up Banksia Cheers Steve.
FollowupID: 816677

Reply By: Member - Zig (WA) - Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 21:28

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 21:28
I have spent a lot of time in the Kingsway Caravan Park.
Not the most modern, but they are doing it up now and they have big plans. The sites are big, bigger than most parks, especially in the "new" area. Lots of trees and shade.
Many here have dogs.
Most of the "permanents" that used to cause trouble have been moved out.
What I like the most is the location. Close to the city, freeway, train, beach and shopping centres.
AnswerID: 533350

Follow Up By: Member - Steve O (QLD) - Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 22:09

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 22:09
Thankyou Zig, we will check it out, sounds like it's had a change of owners/ managers. Cheers Steve.
FollowupID: 816689

Reply By: Tjukayirla Roadhouse - Thursday, May 29, 2014 at 13:14

Thursday, May 29, 2014 at 13:14
G'day Steve,

We usually stay at Burns Beach Caravan park when going into Perth for a few days.
It's right on the beach front, is dog friendly, and pretty reasonable. Easy trip straight down the freeway into Perth. There is even a lady there that will do dog sitting in one of the cabins.

Cheers
Al

AnswerID: 533380

Follow Up By: Member - Steve O (QLD) - Friday, May 30, 2014 at 00:08

Friday, May 30, 2014 at 00:08
Hi Al, Thankyou for the info,Burns Beach sounds just like our speed, so will be checking it out, thanks again for the tip, cheers Steve.
FollowupID: 816774

Sponsored Links