Gary Highway

Submitted: Saturday, May 31, 2014 at 17:41
ThreadID: 108033 Views:1810 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
We are planning a trip this july which includes travel along the Gary Highway I can,t seem to find any recent infomation about this road could anyone help please
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mick O - Sunday, Jun 01, 2014 at 10:47

Sunday, Jun 01, 2014 at 10:47
C&B,

try this post from February;Gary Junction Conditions

Conditions don't change much from year to year. As the road sees infrequent visitors and no maintenance, it all boils down to how much water damage (erosion) has been done and how much further the plants have encroached each year.

Carry riggers gloves and please pull dead sticks and bushes off the track rather than drive around it. It will only ever add an a hour or two to your journey overall and is of value beyond measure in maintaining the integrity of Len's roads.

Enjoy

Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 533538

Follow Up By: Member - Markthemilko (WA) - Monday, Jun 02, 2014 at 00:24

Monday, Jun 02, 2014 at 00:24
Hi C&B
we travelled on it last September from north to south via Veevers Crater and saw no one on it!

Take it easy, and as Mick says 'mind the washouts'! And in some places the track is narrow so be prepared for some 'striping'!

I also cleared a few bits off the track, and in some places - especially on the Connie Sue - used my chainsaw for the larger stuff or dragged it off the road with the Cruiser where possible!

Have fun! It's a great drive.
Happy 4WDriving
Mark

VKS 737 mobile 0401

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 816975

Sponsored Links