Mother's Clay Bar Kit

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 01, 2014 at 16:41
ThreadID: 108050 Views:2027 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Ok I just found out about this stuff it is supposed to be a good way to start to clean the paint work

So is this as good as some say or is a wast of money have you used it what is your opinion?

clay bar

thank you for your replies
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - KBAD - Sunday, Jun 01, 2014 at 18:52

Sunday, Jun 01, 2014 at 18:52
Clay bars are good for cleaning the surface but a lot of work don't drop it better to cut it into smaller pieces when it is dirty you have to knead it to sort of resurface it and you will need to put wax on afterwards. If not convinced try it on a small part and see.
AnswerID: 533571

Follow Up By: allein m - Monday, Jun 02, 2014 at 10:16

Monday, Jun 02, 2014 at 10:16
Thank you I just waxed and polished it for winter so as soon as summer comes along I plan on spending some time getting it all nice and clean

FollowupID: 816981

Reply By: Chris (Qld) - Monday, Jun 02, 2014 at 13:16

Monday, Jun 02, 2014 at 13:16
I would not say a good way to start and clean, but more like the last thing to do before applying a good wax finish. It will not remove scratches or anything like that but will remove small ingrained dirt particles etc.
To see the difference makes try polishing your car and running your hand over the paint work first, then use the clay. Polish again and run your hand over it again, you will be amazed at the difference.
It is actually very quick and easy to do, as long as you use the spray that comes with the clay bar.
Chris
Coddiwomple (v.) To travel purposefully towards a vague destination.

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message
Classifieds: Codan Envoy HF Radio X1 for sale

AnswerID: 533598

Follow Up By: rumpig - Monday, Jun 02, 2014 at 21:18

Monday, Jun 02, 2014 at 21:18
to really feel the differance....take the plastic packet on the outside of a cigarette packet off and then put your fingers inside of it, then put some soapy water on the paint work and run your fingers over the paintwork. do the same after you've used a claybar and the differance is very noticable. i find my hands being as rough as they are after 20 years working in construction, that it's isn't as noticable when feeling with bare hands alone.
got a mate who is a car detailer, he did that with me last Friday night to show me what my Cruisers paint work is like at the moment.
FollowupID: 817037

Sponsored Links