SPOT CONNECT

Submitted: Monday, Jun 02, 2014 at 13:04
ThreadID: 108068 Views:1393 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Just wondering if anyone has a Spot Connect, whether it is working well? We have an android phone and hoped to pair it with the Spot Connect. We have paired it but can't get it to respond to the Spot Connect without being close to the internet connection. We are doing it all via Bluetooth which is supposed to work. Any ideas or hints or have we made a bad purchase?
Rob
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Landy - Monday, Jun 02, 2014 at 14:02

Monday, Jun 02, 2014 at 14:02
Hi Rob

I don’t necessarily use mine as a safety device, but pair it to ExplorOz for EO Track me. This way family and friends can view were we are. I do use the pre-populated message feature to send “I’m okay” messages, and I guess it is a back-up to our 406 PLB device.

Depends on what you want to use it for, but overall I would rate 8 out of 10 for the way I use it.

Cheers
Baz – The Landy
AnswerID: 533600

Reply By: aboutfivebucks (Pilbara) - Monday, Jun 02, 2014 at 17:14

Monday, Jun 02, 2014 at 17:14
We pair our Connect with plenty of devices including Android phones and tablets.
Make sure you've performed the firmware update when you unbos the spot - to do this you must plug the spot connect into a computer. Its easy - google spot connect firmware update.

The other trick is to reduce the amount of blue tooth devices active. eg the phone might be trying to pair to the car stereo when you need it to pair to the spot.

The start sequence for the android devices is:
1. Make sure Spot app is not active on the phone
2. Turn the phones blue tooth on
3. Start the Spot app
4. Start the Spot Connect (Hold button in until blue light comes on)

If this doesn't work . Turn off spot, turn off phone blue tooth, deactivate spot app and start from step 1 again.

This sequence works well for us. And we are usually out of phone range when we start it up.

Two other tips
1 connect at home or in phone range regularly to synchronize settings.
2 use only the high powered lithium batteries. Alkaline batteries wont last a day.

Good Luck

AnswerID: 533611

Reply By: Member - Ian F (WA) - Monday, Jun 02, 2014 at 18:17

Monday, Jun 02, 2014 at 18:17
Hi Rob, I use mine with an iPhone and iPad but will only work separately.
Ian
AnswerID: 533614

Sponsored Links