need advice.

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 03, 2014 at 18:57
ThreadID: 108091 Views:1476 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Guys,traveling from Camoweel down to St George area in August, some advice on camping and fishing spots would be great, camper trailer and car no 4wd, thanks. ?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Robyn R4 - Tuesday, Jun 03, 2014 at 21:00

Tuesday, Jun 03, 2014 at 21:00
What a great drive!
We've been caravan park users the past few trips because we haven't got our solar set-up going yet (I'm assuming you're after bush-camps?) so I only know of caravan parks.
Don't miss the chance to hang out at the Nindigully Pub just south of St George. Free camping (if I recall) for just buying dinner or a drink (in other words, support us and you can camp here). Damn good pub food and interesting bar! You camp in front of the pub on the edge of the river and the toilets and showers are behind the pub and pretty good. No electricity available.
There were quite a few diners who couldn't finish their big pub meals (our dog was thrilled by their donations to our doggie bag!)
Great fishing spots north of St George-there's a fishing club and spot just north of town. Haven't been there but have heard of it and it sounds decent enough to check it out... I'm sure someone will be able to tell you more about it.
:)
AnswerID: 533686

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Wednesday, Jun 04, 2014 at 17:56

Wednesday, Jun 04, 2014 at 17:56
Softy,

In Cloncurry, they've made the old low-level bridge over the Cloncurry River,into a weir. When I was last through there, about 3 weeks ago, it was still within a few inches of the top, so holding up a lot of water and probably a few fish.Chinaman Creek Dam, just out of town, might be worth a try too.

Plenty of water in Thomson River at Longreach at moment. Might catch a few red claw, as well as a fish or two. There's a dam/weir just out of Barcaldine that might be good to wet a line?

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 533749

Reply By: softy - Tuesday, Jun 10, 2014 at 18:18

Tuesday, Jun 10, 2014 at 18:18
Thanks for the advice Guys, it's good to get advice from people who have been in this area before, much appreciated.
AnswerID: 534146

Sponsored Links