Navara D22 Questions

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 04, 2014 at 21:00
ThreadID: 108110 Views:3442 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
D22 Injector replacement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First time Dinosaur on the Forum. My 2006 3.0ltr ST-R owned from new has done 195000K's. The first 5 years of ownership was under ORIX lease and my local Nissan dealer was "supposed" to do all necessary service. I understand that at 200000K's I need to fit new Injectors. My question is Can I purchase these off the net (Ebay) either Aus , America or Malaysia etc or am I better of purchasing from an Aus dealer for warranty etc. Also do I need any types of seals , washers, "O" rings etc to carryout the replacement. I am very capable to carry outwork on a petrol engine but never touched a diesel, Is it a simple task to undertake.
Secondly a friend advised I fit an EGR blanking plate to improve the life of my oil and engine. For the last 2 years I have done regular oil and filter changes at 5000K's or there about. I am a "Nomad" on the road and tow my 3000kg caravan with the Navara. I have a Steinbaur chip with 3" exhaust and snorkel fitted apart from that the vehicle is standard. Your knowledge and assistance would be greatly appreciated. John...
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Toyocrusa (NSW) - Thursday, Jun 05, 2014 at 06:31

Thursday, Jun 05, 2014 at 06:31
Don't know the specifics of your vehicle john but there is lots of good reading on here Bob
AnswerID: 533769

Reply By: Emerging I.T. - Thursday, Jun 05, 2014 at 12:04

Thursday, Jun 05, 2014 at 12:04
Yes you can. You only need the injector part number of the originals. Be careful sometimes part numbers can be vague. You can do this by asking a Nissan dealer to give you a part number via your vin number or you can remove an injector and do it that way. Be careful when buying, make sure you get genuine Denso and they will be updated or replacement injectors to suit your car, they have improved the tips for longer service life. You can refit the injector lines but you also need to be careful. As to doing it yourself I can't answer that, it depends on your mechanical ability. Bear in mind most places should only charge $400-500 to do the replacement. That way you could buy the injectors and shop that around. I believe you can buy injectors for around $300-400 each now. Be a stickler for detail on the part number and buying the new injectors. Replace all 4.
AnswerID: 533776

Reply By: RobMac (QLD_Member) - Sunday, Jun 08, 2014 at 07:34

Sunday, Jun 08, 2014 at 07:34
I've also got a D22 3ltr. I've blocked off the EGR and also did the EGR Swirl mod as well. I've also fitted a Catch Can to prevent all the blow by going back through the engine.

Before changing the injectors I would be trying Cost Effective Maintenance (CEM) Fuel additive + their Engine oil products. I've just used their Engine Oil cleaning product and it kept my engine oil clean for a 1000ks+. I've also been using their CRD fuel additive in our Prado D4d & it's been running sweet.

My D22 only has 165k on it but w/o it showing signs of injector issues (smoke; poor economy, unusual noises, etc), I won't be replacing them.....
Cheers..... RobM
Defender PUMA 110 "New School Tourer"
Defender 110 Tdi300 "Old School Tourer for Solo Trips"
DiscoTDi for Work/Play

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 533982

Sponsored Links