Comment: Kilcowera Station

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 07, 2014 at 09:13
ThreadID: 108153 Views:1628 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Just had an interesting few days with Toni and Greg on Kilcowera Station, south of Thargomindah.

Mine hosts were most welcoming and helpful and supplied us with a mine of information about the station and things to do and see. We were settled in quite quickly, with power and the knowledge of how to get a hot shower!

We took the tours, a short one down to a lagoon which had separate, discrete campsites with a formed campfire. Lots of shade for the warmer months.

Then off a round a loop to catch the waterholes and try to get a glimpse of the birdlife that abounds in this area. The herons and ducks at the Red Hole flew off when they saw us creeping through the bush!

The second sightseeing loop was 60 km long on well made tracks, up and over a stony ridge with 360* views over the nearby Currawinya National Park and Lake Wyara. Lots of interesting history snippets have been provided of life when Kidman owned the station.

If you are looking for a restful stay in the outback, you would be hard pressed to find one better then Kilcowera.

No, i am not a relative or a shareholder in the property..... just a happy camper.

Thanks Toni and Greg,

bill
Bill B

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 5 Moderator

Reply By: baz&pud (tassie) - Saturday, Jun 07, 2014 at 10:06

Saturday, Jun 07, 2014 at 10:06
Hey Bill,
Couldn't agree more with what you have said above, we were there for four nights in July last year, met Greg, but Toni was away.
We camped at the Lagoon at camp site "Egret" and didn't want to leave.
Cheers.
baz
Go caravaning, life is so much shorter than death.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 533908

Reply By: Member - Megan and Kevin D (AC - Saturday, Jun 07, 2014 at 17:41

Saturday, Jun 07, 2014 at 17:41
Sounds a great place. Thanks for sharing the info. Do you know if there is water in the lake/s? Megan
AnswerID: 533942

Follow Up By: Member - bbuzz (NSW) - Sunday, Jun 08, 2014 at 09:05

Sunday, Jun 08, 2014 at 09:05
Did I mention the grassy campsite near the showers?

Lake Wyara has water but greatly reduced. You can only get so close to the lake as it is a NP. A walking trail is there for you to get closer.

The lagoon is OK now and so are the waterholes. Could do with some rain.

Then, again, we all could.

bill
Bill B

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 817461

Reply By: Member - Allan L2 - Saturday, Jun 07, 2014 at 22:06

Saturday, Jun 07, 2014 at 22:06
Kilcowera sound quite an interesting place. It's great to hear a good report. We are booked in for a couple of nights in July on our QLD trip & looking forward to our stay there even more so now.

Cheers
AnswerID: 533970

Sponsored Links