Transport Halls Creek- Perth needed! For a Canning Stock Route cyclist

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 08, 2014 at 18:31
ThreadID: 108176 Views:3724 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Mates,

My name is Mateusz and I’m from Poland. This year I’m planning to cycle the Canning Stock Route. With my wife we have tried last year, but because of the rain failed. I will come to Australia on 15th of august, and after 2-3 days I would like to go to Wiluna. I’m looking for somebody who can give me a lift from Halls Creek to Perth between 29.09-02.10 (I have flight back to Europe at 5th of October) I will have a bicycle and a little of luggage. You can contact me at nakrancach at gmail.com

Also you can see some pictures from the last year: http://www.nakrancach.pl/to-nie-koniec-swiata/

Thanks,
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mick T3 - Sunday, Jun 08, 2014 at 19:05

Sunday, Jun 08, 2014 at 19:05
You're a real trouper, Mateusz.

You might want to suggest what you can offer on the trip, as it is a big ask.

Good luck.
AnswerID: 534027

Reply By: Gaynor - Sunday, Jun 08, 2014 at 19:24

Sunday, Jun 08, 2014 at 19:24
Hello Mateusz

Glad to hear you have not given up, although I do not envy you doing it so late in the year. Last year rain ... this year heat ..... Hope you are prepared for it. Kate Leeming encountered 40+C cycling at that time of year and 4x4 travellers I met on the Tanami in 2009, who had just done the Canning, said they encountered 50C. Hopefully you will have a mild year.

There are two other cyclists planning to have a go this year individually (an Australian and a Dane, the American dropped out) and a group with two walkers (Australian) with two support vehicles. Perhaps chat with the them, maybe link up with the cyclists? You can find the cyclists via my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/gaynorschoeman.canningwalker
AnswerID: 534031

Follow Up By: Gaynor - Sunday, Jun 08, 2014 at 19:28

Sunday, Jun 08, 2014 at 19:28
There is also a bus you can catch from Halls Creek - Greyhound.
FollowupID: 817523

Follow Up By: Member - CSR Walkers - Tuesday, Jun 10, 2014 at 19:45

Tuesday, Jun 10, 2014 at 19:45
I am one of the two people walking the Canning leaving on the 1st July along with my wife. (Mick and Rose Weber) - (Just to clarify Gaynor,s remark above who has done nothing but try to discredit everything about the walk my wife and I are doing) - We do not have support vehicles we have a film crew that will be with us filming the trek with all sales of the movies going to Suicide Prevention Australia. They also will not be with us everyday as they are also filming ahead of us and capturing as much of the Canning landscape and history as they can. They will reach Halls Creek long before us I can ask them if they have room in their vehicles for you and your gear, they will be driving from Halls Creek to Geraldton 400 km north of Perth.
I will not enter into any further discussion about the way Gaynor has tried on her website, exploroz site and our own website and emails how horrible she has been to us as a couple and to our trek and the reason behind it suicide awareness. We have to much respect and self preservation when it comes to trying to slander one's reasons for walking the Canning or any adventure that any persons wants to undertake. And we have to much respect for our sponsors ExplorOz if anyone has any questions regarding our Canning Stock Route Walking Trek for Suicide Awareness please or email us on rosey351@bigpond.com and we will be more than happy to share our story with you. Also we extend a warm welcome to anyone who would like to join our trek with one of the film crew vehicles or in your own to be part of our journey.
FollowupID: 817713

Follow Up By: Gaynor - Tuesday, Jun 10, 2014 at 20:51

Tuesday, Jun 10, 2014 at 20:51
According to Mateusz post, he expects to finish around the 29 September, Mick.

Will you still be walking then? Thought you planned to walk it in 6-8 weeks starting from Wiluna 1 July.
FollowupID: 817726

Follow Up By: Member - CSR Walkers - Wednesday, Jun 11, 2014 at 11:13

Wednesday, Jun 11, 2014 at 11:13
Hi Mateusz
You are welcome to contact us direct like we stated above the film crew will be going up ahead and should be there about then.
FollowupID: 817750

Reply By: Member - Leigh (Vic) - Monday, Jun 09, 2014 at 10:54

Monday, Jun 09, 2014 at 10:54
Beautiful photos! Good luck for your trip in August. Cheers
AnswerID: 534061

Sponsored Links