Reverse Madigan Line

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 11, 2014 at 20:47
ThreadID: 108219 Views:2318 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Greetings all,

Our group has just returned from a very successful trip which involved travelling to Camp 8 on the Madigan line from the east, and then heading south to pick up Geosurveys Hill, the Geo Centre Simpson and then all the way to Erabena Oil Well.

Some fantastic country out there, this was our third Madigan trip and we have seen this area in the very wet to the very dry.

One thing that really pi$#*d me off was the amount of toilet paper on the side of the French line and at some camp spots.

Time to plan the next one.

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: wholehog - Thursday, Jun 12, 2014 at 07:49

Thursday, Jun 12, 2014 at 07:49
Yes..the white daisy's..or lillies.

Damn stuff is everywhere..and its our own out there doing it too. :-(

For god sake it isn't hard to bag it and carry it, or use a shovel to dig a hole, and a match to get rid of it when you do it. :-)
AnswerID: 534226

Reply By: Robin Miller - Thursday, Jun 12, 2014 at 10:43

Thursday, Jun 12, 2014 at 10:43
Congratulations Jimbo its a wonderful journey to undertake and tends to use all ones skills.

At least out there away from french line you see few while lilys.

Did you spend more time than our 20 minutes at geo centre , before heading off to find a reasonable camp site.

I expect to be out at Erabenna no1 in a few weeks and I wonder if you can remember where the formed vehicle track starts near it.
Pretty sure its an obvious track south of the well but don't know if a track exists much north of the well ?

Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 534234

Follow Up By: Member - gujimbo - Thursday, Jun 12, 2014 at 15:45

Thursday, Jun 12, 2014 at 15:45
Thanks Robin

It will be a trip to remember for a long time, our original intention was to head west after The Geo Centre but shot lines where non existent and the dunes big, we decided to just follow the swales sth aiming for Erabena well.

We did the Biggest Morning Tea for the cancer council at the Geo Centre pics and link biggest morning tea.

Going was very hard sth from Geo Centre, swales badly eroded and lots of vegetation did manage to find some nice long claypans which meant we could travel at 40klm/h!.

Cheers
FollowupID: 817835

Sponsored Links