Sliver City hwy to tibooburra to be sealed

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 14, 2014 at 11:10
ThreadID: 108239 Views:2087 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Yes in our local Broken hill newspaper has a story that the Hwy is to be sealed 100% all the way as well as parts of the Cobb HWy

This is all part of the freight Productivity program for this part of the state

They are spending 50 million dollars on roads programs to improve road conditions

Some want it to link up with Nocundra Queensland and make a inland road into Queensland to help with tourism

The only problem even with a lot of the sealed sections a little rain and the road is closed they need to try and flood proof the road that would be more important

we shall wait and see what happens
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - William B (The Shire) - Saturday, Jun 14, 2014 at 12:08

Saturday, Jun 14, 2014 at 12:08
Hi allein m,
Your right about flood proofing the road, if I remember correctly the sections of road that are unsealed are those spots that are damaged/affected by floods/rain and are expensive to repair.
Will
Always planning the next trip. VKS-737 mobile 1619

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 534331

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Saturday, Jun 14, 2014 at 12:54

Saturday, Jun 14, 2014 at 12:54
This is all dependant on them selling the power grid.

PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 534333

Reply By: my4x4 - Thursday, Jun 19, 2014 at 22:22

Thursday, Jun 19, 2014 at 22:22
Hi Allein, do you know when this will be done? Hopefully by mid September this year as I am planning a trip up that way at the end of September.
Do you what the roads are like that time of the year?
thanks Gazza
AnswerID: 534655

Follow Up By: allein m - Friday, Jun 20, 2014 at 16:54

Friday, Jun 20, 2014 at 16:54
my4x4 I am not sure when it will be done but as I have said many times in the form you really need to be looking a at the road conditions in the week you are heading out that way things can change over night out this way
[img]
[/img]

The entire area floods so easy all you need is some decent rain and the roads are washed out this image is The Barrier Hwy just out of Broken Hill to Adelaide road that was washed out for several days last year and it was not a big storm

So best check it all out just before hand that way you will have safe trip I am sure it will be all ok but you just never know out this way
FollowupID: 818432

Sponsored Links