Tablelands track

Submitted: Friday, Feb 27, 2004 at 02:00
ThreadID: 10829 Views:2786 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Will be doing the Gibb River in June/July, and on the east/west trip home we would like to have a look at the Tablelands Track starting from the Great Northern H/way to Mt House. I have read the forum feedback about the track from last year but if anyone has any update on access it would be great, if the track is impassable you can always turn around, but nothing ventured nothing gained"nothing ventured, nothing gained"
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Michelle from ExplorOz - Friday, Feb 27, 2004 at 12:39

Friday, Feb 27, 2004 at 12:39
Steve,
As posted in our Road Conditions WA report for the Kimberley region, the track past Tablelands HS and through Bedford Downs station has been closed and a locked gate has been erected.ExplorOz
AnswerID: 48368

Follow Up By: Member - John- Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 00:48

Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 00:48
There is some speculation about the existence of the locked gate, but in anycase I understand most requests to the Bedford Downs Stn owners are declined. Organised tour groups and 4WD clubs do sometimes get permission (I did for the LROC of WA last Aug). Lone travellers will almost certainly be evicted without ceremony if they wander in there.

On the west side the same applies. You need to organise group entry with the Yulumbu Ab Community at Tablelands Stn well in advance.

I am willing to assist official 4WD club trips through there, especially for LROC members (like me!)

JohnS
Derby,A
FollowupID: 310420

Sponsored Links