Water Crossings/Blinds

Submitted: Friday, Feb 27, 2004 at 12:20
ThreadID: 10838 Views:1776 Replies:5 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Ok, I've only had my Surf for a few months now and have only done 1 very shallow river crossing in this 4by so have not bothered with a Blind. I'm leaving this arvo on a big trip for the labour weekend and I know we are going to do about 4 crossings. I have my tarp but how do I strab it onto to these newer shaped 4bies? How do you guys do it? The Rocky was easy, square shaped lots of bits and bobs haning off it. But the surf is got a round nose!?Should probally go do some work instead of playing on this forum!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: fozzy - Friday, Feb 27, 2004 at 12:42

Friday, Feb 27, 2004 at 12:42
dont have surf but on 80 series before got snorkel used to close bonnet on top of tarp-enough to hold top of tarp in position and then use ocky straps to tie to whatever could find underneath-even maybe for yours use ocky straps from side to side holding tarp/blind down behind your bullbar. works fine as long as dont stop in water or dive in to fast
AnswerID: 48370

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Feb 27, 2004 at 13:03

Friday, Feb 27, 2004 at 13:03
Search the archives, theres a few good threads on this in the past....
AnswerID: 48373

Reply By: Synergist - Friday, Feb 27, 2004 at 14:06

Friday, Feb 27, 2004 at 14:06
Hey Jeff,

A little off topic, but where abouts do you get to play around in 4 water crossings in W.A?. Looking for some of that fun stuff myself.

Cheers
AnswerID: 48386

Follow Up By: Member -Bob & Lex (Sydney) - Friday, Feb 27, 2004 at 14:23

Friday, Feb 27, 2004 at 14:23
Just drive to Broome for the weekend. ;););)Regards Bob
Where to next
FollowupID: 310221

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Friday, Feb 27, 2004 at 14:29

Friday, Feb 27, 2004 at 14:29
D'Entrecausteaux National Park , I have never been there, apparently somewhere around Northcliff. (down south).
Supposedly the "powerline trek" up in sawers valley has some of that kind of stuff during winter.

Off topic as well, remember the post about the stiffer penalties for disobeying roadworks speed limits. Everyday this week I have driven through some "roadworks" on Lakelands Drive in Landsdale on the way to work. The signs must have been put up late last week, nothing has happened yet. Have not seen a workman or any changes to the road or surrounding area. I tell you right now, I don't slow down... And if someone was to book me, I would take it to court complete with photo's. It's just slack and disorganised. It also endagours the workmen because other people will be "speeding" through there and when(if) work does start some people may not expect it.Should probally go do some work instead of playing on this forum!
FollowupID: 310223

Reply By: Synergist - Friday, Feb 27, 2004 at 15:22

Friday, Feb 27, 2004 at 15:22
Hey Jeff,

I was booked about 5 months ago on Rockingham road, where they were installing two sets of traffic lights. Same story- Friday arvo of the long weekend it was about 4pm and not a workman/construction insight.

The area is a 90 zone and i was booked doing 91km/h in a very badly marked 60km/h "so called work area". The thing thatbleepme off is that i was in the right hand lane and the nice police man was on the left side of the road, on my left were 7 cars (doing the same speed) which had to stop in there tracks to let me cross to the left side of the road.

I was then told that it was a 60 zone because of the work that was (was not) being done and that because it was a long weekend (fri 4pm) it was going to cost me double demerits!!!!

8 points and $250 later i lost my licence, i tried to fight it but was told i was wasting my time!!!!

So becareful mate even if there is no work going on they will still book you, especially on a long weekend (easy bait for them).

Now with the fj55 i can do 10km/h under the limit and still feel like im speeding (because of the bounce).

Cheers
AnswerID: 48399

Reply By: Richard & Leonie - Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 21:34

Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 21:34
A company called Michelle"s Sacs make blinds for 4WD's that are very easily fitted. They are elasticated to fit around the front of the vehicle and are held in position by a clip on strap around your "wing" mirrors. ARB stock them. Expencive but very well made.Richard and Leonie, The grey nomads.
AnswerID: 48687

Sponsored Links