Broken Hill city councile staff on strike

Submitted: Friday, Jun 27, 2014 at 12:54
ThreadID: 108510 Views:1638 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi just a quick post to let any one know if you are heading up this way and need things like tourist information or any council help most things are closed with a small amount of Managers manning the main phones.

The council are laying of a large number of staff and the union have decided to call a strike to try and stop it

Basically all tourist business is closed and it may go into to next week so if you are trying to get some help or turn up looking for information this is what is going on

Freezing cold and very windy here

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: allein m - Saturday, Jun 28, 2014 at 09:00

Saturday, Jun 28, 2014 at 09:00
OK they are went back late yesterday afternoon but this will not be the end of it till the staff issue is sorted out

This may effect tourist information and shire services we shall have to wait and see
AnswerID: 535128

Reply By: Member - outbackjack 1 - Saturday, Jun 28, 2014 at 20:23

Saturday, Jun 28, 2014 at 20:23
Hi Allein M
So what is or was closed? Tourist information center, isn't that run by NSW Government and the council caravan Park Top Tourist Park I believe has now been sold to private enterprise according to the people now running it. I was there 2 months ago. So what's run by the council?
Cheers
AnswerID: 535154

Follow Up By: allein m - Sunday, Jun 29, 2014 at 09:06

Sunday, Jun 29, 2014 at 09:06
Tourist information center is owned by the council Caravan park is private

every thing is back to normal now but there may be more stikes in the future

The tourist information center is a busy place and a lot of people make that first port of call on a trip here so that is why I posted this information .
FollowupID: 819023

Sponsored Links