Matson Products

Submitted: Friday, Feb 27, 2004 at 21:38
ThreadID: 10856 Views:2425 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Happy friday to youse all
Any of you blokes out there know anything about the VSR (Voltage Sensitive Relay) made/sold/marketed by Matson Battery Products
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: chook - Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 15:23

Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 15:23
Hi Macca,
Yeh I've got a VSR from matson fitted in my 300tdi defender looks after my 2 extra batteries one in the rear of the defender and one on the battery box of my campertrailer their all joined in parallel. Installed it myself (dead easy) have used it for over 12months no problems yet batteries charge up fine. it allows your cranking (starting) battery to start your vehicle and then when your alternator raises the voltage of your starting battery to over I think arround 13 volts (terrible can't remember of the top of my head) it opens and allows charge to you auxillary batteries and of cause if voltage of your starting battery drop below 12.8 (eg when you turn the motor off ) it cuts out therefore isolating your starting battery.

chook
AnswerID: 48760

Follow Up By: macca - Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 17:27

Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 17:27
Hi Chook,
Thanks for that info. When looking at it, it does look dead easy that is why I queried them, I run my "dual" Battery either in the camper or rear of the Challenger , whatever the circumstances. I have both the trailer and the rear of the wagon wired up to an anderson plug with the Battery having an anderson permanently wired to it , so I just plug it up to whatever the trip dictates..So the Matson VSR becomes the other part of the simple system. Thanks again.
FollowupID: 310566

Sponsored Links